The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 04-22-2016, 05:39 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Default Windy and Warm

Ok, I'm going to give this one a shot. I have a tab, and a couple of instructional videos, (2 versions) and this should be good. I'm not even going to watch TE play it, I'm keeping it simple.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 04-22-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Ok, I'm going to give this one a shot. I have a tab, and a couple of instructional videos, (2 versions) and this should be good. I'm not even going to watch TE play it, I'm keeping it simple.
If you need any pointers let me know. That whole style is 50-75% of everything I play on guitar (aside from freelancing and playing for other people; the blues-rock/Hendrix bag too).

I've been playing Chet-style for over 20 years and remember Tommy's first year at the CAAS convention in '97 (I played him some Mance Lipscomb thing I was working on because once a blues hound, forever a blues hound).

This is entirely not Windy & Warm, but if it helps with any aspects of playing Chet-style, have at it...I put the full 80 minutes up online to hopefully help others :-)

Chet was my favorite guitar player aside from one other. It's a solid life's work

Sean

Old 04-22-2016, 09:02 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Thanks Sean!

My travis picking is a bit rusty, but its like riding a bike. Give me a week and I'll be ok.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 04-23-2016, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Yes, don't watch TE! And maybe don't listen to him either...

Not that he isn't great, but (as I'm sure TE himself would say) watch/listen to Chet or Doc Watson first. Build yourself up steadily to TE's (if you must).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_cDGIA_aCc

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write