The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
Will the Cargo sound robust enough un-amplified? That is the question?

Any thoughts from Cargo owners would be appreciated.
I believe so. JMO.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Anticipation Junkie

FWIW, I just went back-and-forth between a full-size guitar (my Taylor 814c) and the Cargo. Obviously, everything about the Taylor is better, louder, clearer, etc., but this comparison only reinforces in me that the gap is not so wide that my very positive impression of the Cargo is diminished. Quite the contrary. The Cargo performs great for what it is and most likely best by far in its class!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
FWIW, I just went back-and-forth between a full-size guitar (my Taylor 814c) and the Cargo. Obviously, everything about the Taylor is better, louder, clearer, etc., but this comparison only reinforces in me that the gap is not so wide that my very positive impression of the Cargo is diminished. Quite the contrary. The Cargo performs great for what it is and most likely best by far in its class!

I am surethat the cargo blows away the tinny toy like sound of the baby in comparison. IMO from the sound clips I have heard it does. I haved owned a baby and never again. You think the gap is not that wide on the cargo to 814c well think of a full sized CA GX ( which is the EXACT same size as a Taylor GA) now you know why I no longer own my 05 Taylor 814CE
Old 04-08-2008, 12:37 AM

Default Awaiting Two CA Guitars

Wassup Guys & Gals,

Acousticado sorry about your Baby Taylor horror story. But it did lead you to a much better guitar, the CA Cargo. That side by side Broken BT & Charcoal Cargo picture is a classic. Thanks for posting your Cargo pictures. She is a beauty!

I have also caught the CA bug. After test driving a Charcoal Cargo at one of our area guitar stores, a couple of Saturdays ago, I have orders for a Charcoal Cargo from Acoustic Pro Musician/Texas (Danny Brevard) & a Charcoal X - 5 Series (w/hard case upgrade) from Dan's Guitars/Honolulu (Dan The Man).

These guitars are the best values on the planet! The ALL BLACK look of the Charcoal model is Too Cool!!

If you haven't already, you must try these guitars! But be prepared to purchase upon first test drive!

A Hui Hou...

From the Backyard Jam,
hnl414kce
Old 04-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnl414kce View Post
Wassup Guys & Gals,

Acousticado sorry about your Baby Taylor horror story. But it did lead you to a much better guitar, the CA Cargo. That side by side Broken BT & Charcoal Cargo picture is a classic. Thanks for posting your Cargo pictures. She is a beauty!

I have also caught the CA bug. After test driving a Charcoal Cargo at one of our area guitar stores, a couple of Saturdays ago, I have orders for a Charcoal Cargo from Acoustic Pro Musician/Texas (Danny Brevard) & a Charcoal X - 5 Series (w/hard case upgrade) from Dan's Guitars/Honolulu (Dan The Man).

These guitars are the best values on the planet! The ALL BLACK look of the Charcoal model is Too Cool!!

If you haven't already, you must try these guitars! But be prepared to purchase upon first test drive!

A Hui Hou...

From the Backyard Jam,
hnl414kce
Thanks! In the end, my BT getting crushed was the best thing that could've happened. Of course, I'm not happy about forking-out the $$$ (I would've down the road anyhow), but my satisfaction with the Cargo far outweighs that. I wonder if the current popularity of the Cargo combined with its superior sound and playability compared to others guits in its class will result in CA upping the cost. If so, I'm glad I got mine now!

I agree with you about the look of the charcoal version. Are you able to post a pic of the X - 5 Series? I'd love to see one (let alone play it).

I hope your order for two CAs gets to you soon!
Old 04-08-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
I wonder if the current popularity of the Cargo combined with its superior sound and playability compared to others guits in its class will result in CA upping the cost. If so, I'm glad I got mine now!
Hmm, maybe I need to buy some more for investment purposes.

I suspect, though, that most people would have a hard time spending much more for a small guitar like this. But you never know.

Quote:
I agree with you about the look of the charcoal version.
But the Wine sounds warmer.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SongwriterFan View Post
But the Wine sounds warmer.
Most definitely does.

Oh by the way: Acousticado and/ or SongwriterFan - have you changed the strings on the Cargo yet?? If so what did you put on and what were your thoughts?

Keep enjoying it!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMcG View Post
Most definitely does.

Oh by the way: Acousticado and/ or SongwriterFan - have you changed the strings on the Cargo yet?? If so what did you put on and what were your thoughts?

Keep enjoying it!
I haven't changed them yet. My preferred strings for my Taylor 814c are Elixir PB Lights, so since these came on the Cargo and I very much like the sound, I expect I'll stick with the Elixirs.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:

Not yet, but I'll probably try some DR Rare Mediums.

DR's mediums are the same as everybody else's lights. And their Rare strings are PB's.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:18 PM

Default Ca

Someone mentioned sound clips.....can you point me in the right direction on where to find them?
Old 06-28-2008, 10:02 PM

I would very much like to hear those recordings. Can you please email them to me?:

[email protected]

Thanks!

Quote:
That's me with the recordings - offer is still valid: PM me w/ an email address and I'll send the recordings from CA along.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:21 PM

Fun, aren't they.

Petros, Paragon, National, Martin, Rainsong, and Santa Cruz

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber