The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Charter Member

Default One in, one out, which would be which?

I'd like to get a new GA size guitar, maybe a Taylor 400 or 500 series or a Stonebridge G23CR-C.

If one had to go to comply with a "one in, one out" rule it would be the Larrivee OM-05. It's a good guitar, it just misses the mark a bit on what I want from it. (Finger style, slow, melodic, lots of ringing out across the strings).

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:18 PM

Congratulations, Barry. That was an easy decision.

Funny, but I think I'm about to sell off my "finger style, slow, melodic, lots of ringing out across the strings" guitar too.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmf View Post
Congratulations, Barry. That was an easy decision.

Funny, but I think I'm about to sell off my "finger style, slow, melodic, lots of ringing out across the strings" guitar too.
I just will replace the one I have with one that does it better. Everyone raves about cedar for fingerstyle. I have find out for myself. I'd probably keep the Larrivee though too lol, unless there was an override by management,

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:08 PM

I don't have a guitar on the "out block". If I were to find a guitar I wanted badly enough, I would have to decide which guitar that one would replace. I've always been able to make the decision once I've got the new guitar at home.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:29 PM

I'd keep the Larrivee and buy a bunch of different strings to try on it.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:56 PM

Long ago (back in the mid 80s) I owned a Takamine cedar topped dread that I loved and never should have sold. But we all know how that song goes.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Charter Member

You have answered your question Barry. I am also going to look at options. I am looking for a maple back/sides with either a cedar or redwood top, smaller body with short scale and 12 fret. I'm not sure such an animal exists but I would sure like to try one. I have a couple of higher end electrics up for sale so we will see. -- Darwin
Old 12-09-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
You have answered your question Barry. I am also going to look at options. I am looking for a maple back/sides with either a cedar or redwood top, smaller body with short scale and 12 fret. I'm not sure such an animal exists but I would sure like to try one. I have a couple of higher end electrics up for sale so we will see. -- Darwin
Those are both standard options in the Taylor 600 series. I think you can only get the 12-fret in the GC size though, unless it is a custom order.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:46 PM
Charter Member

The last time I bought a new guitar, I decided to do this. I got rid of my old air guitar I played in college. I didn't really get any more room for the new one, but I have to admit I don't miss the old air guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion