The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-19-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
My Rainsong is now equipped with a K&K Pure Mini and I have a K&K preamp for it. It's pure heaven through my Fishman Loudbox Mini.
Very nice choice! Were you able to do the install yourself, or did you have someone else do it? I know that Rainsong is now offering K&K as a pickup option from the factory, but I've always been curious how hard it would be to retrofit one on a pure acoustic.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG50 View Post
Very nice choice! Were you able to do the install yourself, or did you have someone else do it? I know that Rainsong is now offering K&K as a pickup option from the factory, but I've always been curious how hard it would be to retrofit one on a pure acoustic.
I had a tech install it. I'm just not confident enough in my abilities to do it without making a huge mistake.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:51 AM

Congrats, buddy! RainSong makes awesome instruments with great tone! I’m sure you will enjoy that immensely.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG50 View Post
Not hard at all. I installed one on my Shorty. Just take your time, follow the very well written instructions, and use a gel type CA glue (not only because it controls the glue on the transducers better as you squeeze them into place but because it fills the matrix of the CF weave on the underside of the bridge better).

RainSong is now offering as a factory install but whether or not they treat the internal surface differently is beyond me. Just for the record, K&K pups are a great match up RainSongs. Very happy with the results.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber