The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-20-2014, 09:42 AM

Default Schatten DI Max?

I finally decided on a JJB Prestige 330 to go into my Martin GPCPA4 and leave the F1 Analog there, too. Thus, I'll attach the Prestige to the unused ring. I've done a little searching and finding 2 Ch (any blend style of pre) to be fairly pricey.

But, the Schatten DI Max looks like it may perfectly first the bill. Both ch inputs are at the tip/ring of one stereo jack in the unit. This would make for a very simple setup with a high quality stereo (TRS) cable.

Does anyone have any experience or comments about the Schatten unit? I can grab the 2ch for about $130 now. That's the best price I've seen anywhere for a 2ch blend style preamp.

Thanks,
Brad

bradM - SW Ohio - love to pick!

<{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}><
Old 11-20-2014, 06:03 PM

I believe the Schatten DI is actually an Ultrasound DI. Schatten must have some partnership with Ultrasound. Anyway, the Ultrasound gear gets pretty positive reviews so I would not hesitate to recommend the DI Max. A friend of mine owns one as well and he really likes the tone and layout.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:36 PM

Thanks for the thumbs up on it. I thought their was an uncanny resemblance between the two.

bradM - SW Ohio - love to pick!

<{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}><

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification