The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-27-2020, 08:05 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD, $119 killer Tele

a whole lot of guitar, found it on GC, faded surf green(needs a black pickguard just haven't got around to cutting one out). really fine quality build, 7lbs, pickups are quite good, no hum, everything if fit and flush, neck is satin, feels great, C shape, 9.25" radius, frets needed a little touch on the sides and a few gentle tops flush files, tuners work smooth and hold tuning excellent, nothing to not like about his. very resonant to play unplugged.

I removed the Squire silkscreen on the headstock front and the info on the back. set it up with 11's to keep in open E for glass slide. action set up easy at the 12th with 3/32" on all strings. I have the neck just about dead flat. you can still fret and play notes, but its primarily just a slide guitar for me. really fun instrument. made in Indonesia.

the strap is from Nativesons-amazing comfort-made in USA, quality, infinite adjustability, thick and plush but not heavy and cumbersome. they use heavy upholstery type embroidered cloth with either a hemp or nylon strap backing-you get to choose between 4 colors for the thick leather ends. nickel silver metal slide. people will fight over this strap at your funeral. this one is the Weston design.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200419_160712_resized.jpg (38.8 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200417_144505_resized.jpg (14.8 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200419_154250_resized.jpg (21.7 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200419_155253_resized.jpg (21.3 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_20200419_154912_resized.jpg (25.8 KB, 225 views)
Old 04-27-2020, 09:38 PM

Congrats on that beautiful Surf Green Tele. You're going to have a blast with that baby.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:03 AM

Very nice guitar at an incredible price! Play that baby, play it hard.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:10 AM

I've often been surprised about how valid the sound very inexpensive Fender style instruments can be. There's something in single-coil pickups and the design that seems to work at any price point.

Yours is a good example of how good it is that we've had surf green revival this century. Enjoy!

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 04-28-2020, 09:34 AM

Surf green is just about my favourite custom colour.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:11 AM

You didn’t say if this guitar was “new” or “new to you”? Did I miss that somewhere?
Either way, Resplendent in sea foam green it is perfect to behold! Enjoy your new axe.

Squier is putting out the most playable guitars it’s brand has ever released. Dollar for dollar there is not another manufacturer that can deliver the same historic style or seamless function for on or off stage players that a current Squier branded guitar can. It’s the big secret that’s hidden right in front of us electric guitar slingers.

Of course there are “better” and “more refined” builds. We all know this. But as a stand and deliver working persons guitar you can’t help but love them after playing one.

This rant was brought about by you removing the name from the headstock. I want one just to flaunt that SQUIER name. We are all so, so different.

Now, how do I convince my wife I need another guitar?

Last edited by Chickee; 04-28-2020 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Color name?
Old 04-28-2020, 01:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
You didn’t say if this guitar was “new” or “new to you”? Did I miss that somewhere?
Either way, Resplendent in sea foam green it is perfect to behold! Enjoy your new axe.

Squier is putting out the most playable guitars it’s brand has ever released. Dollar for dollar there is not another manufacturer that can deliver the same historic style or seamless function for on or off stage players that a current Squier branded guitar can. It’s the big secret that’s hidden right in front of us electric guitar slingers.

Of course there are “better” and “more refined” builds. We all know this. But as a stand and deliver working persons guitar you can’t help but love them after playing one.

This rant was brought about by you removing the name from the headstock. I want one just to flaunt that SQUIER name. We are all so, so different.

I simply like the clean look of an unadorned headstock, and back had that upc code bar, wasn't anything to do with squire, lots of known players have made amazing music on a squire. It still has the neck plate with the pretty sculpted S.
It was new. GC prob still has them on sale.Regular price us $179.
I like the black ones also, waiting for a price drop on them.
The pickups are ceramic, but in this one they sound fine, not as full as some higher end fender pickups but very much acceptable, nice clean tone, working great for slide.
Tomo Fujita picked up one of these a few weeks ago
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DwpyVD-V-wg&t=369s
Old 04-28-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:

Convince yourself. That way you won't have to convince her. Ha.!!
Old 04-28-2020, 02:33 PM

That's a great looking Tele, Daryl! Congrats.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Squier is putting out the most playable guitars it’s brand has ever released. Dollar for dollar there is not another manufacturer that can deliver the same historic style or seamless function for on or off stage players that a current Squier branded guitar can.
Could not agree more. They are phenomenal guitars for the money. Careful Daryl...one Tele leads to two Teles.....and so on. They are addictive.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcolosi View Post
Could not agree more. They are phenomenal guitars for the money. Careful Daryl...one Tele leads to two Teles.....and so on. They are addictive.
. CTAS
Chronic Tele Acquisition Syndrome

Congrats Daryl .... At that price even significant electronic upgrades would still be well within the bargain price range

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4
Old 04-29-2020, 07:43 AM

Congrats my friend. Despite being a Tele guy I bought the surf green Squier strat a couple years ago for $80 on sale. I wasn't that interested in it as my plans were to turn it into a "lab" guitar for me to alter and hack on. I had big plans from learning to strip and repaint it to swapping out PUPs and tuners myself. It only took a few days for me to realize it was too good for me to destroy trying to learn on. It is still unaltered today and I ended up buying a case for it. As well as an old beat up $40 strat from a pawn shop with a crooked neck and missing PUP. It fit the bill as a learning guitar much better.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:48 AM

I just bought a lake placid blue bullet Tele
I'm very pleased with the sound and quality.
Under 2 hundred was a phenomenal deal,it just
Plays very well and the sound is typical fender telecaster
Congrats on your fine guitar!
Dave
Old 04-29-2020, 02:21 PM

I bought one of these not too long ago. I didn't know what to expect, to be honest (except for the great reviews on them), but I am really impressed with this one..

Old 04-30-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcolosi View Post
Bob, I ordered a couple of bone saddles from you 10 years ago ... they're still on my guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars