The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 01-16-2017, 01:41 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Charmed Life Picks: Live Video Demos of our Picks in Action

I thought you might to see a couple of our picks in action. We don't think there's anything out there better than our stuff, at any price, and most don't even come close.

The first demo is our standard teardrop brown series, the very popular clf-90, at .90 mm thickness (we also make one at .75mm that will seriously change your opinion about thin picks). That's yours truly with a new original tune. No pickup here -- just playing straight into a plain ol' SM-58:

The second vid is one you may have seen. Same guitar, same setup. This is a song I wish I wrote, by the amazing Michael Peter Smith. On this vid I'm playing one our best-selling nf-75ss teardrops. This is the thinnest use our of "tortoise" material by any manufacturer on the planet, and also the closest I've ever played to genuine tortoise.

We make the two best .75 mm picks in the industry. No one else comes close. Buy one and I'll buy it back from you if it doesn't change your world.

We're the only pick company in the world offering BOTH of these amazing materials under the same roof. The only ones. We don't want to be the biggest pick company in the world, only the best. And our customer service owes no apology to anyone. I have a saying: Our goal is the be the best pick company AFTER the sale, not before it. A lot of these folks are real good at taking your money, but where are they when you have a problem?

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 01-20-2017 at 07:10 PM. Reason: correct youtube link
Old 01-16-2017, 06:04 AM

I have to say these picks are AWESOME ! I have tried many picks over the years in every shape ,size,material,and price . So I thought I'd give these a try,and I ordered the triangle and tear drop . After playing my sj and parlor for a couple of hours I ordered two more ! I have found my Holly Grail of picks.
Oh by the way, customer service is first rate..

Sent from my SM-T818V using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2017, 07:26 AM
Charter Member

I immediately get an error on either video.
2021 Emerald X7 Select
2020 Emerald X10 Woody Select 3-way
2016 Emerald X20 Artisan
2002 Gibson J185EC JJ Cale
2009 Gibson EC-20
1974 Alvarez Dreadnought
2013 Woody Tahitian hybrid Uke
2008 Zager 3/4 Size
Some camp fire guitars, classical's,
& electric's
Old 01-20-2017, 06:52 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Player View Post
I immediately get an error on either video.
Puerto, sorry. The YT vids were doing really strange things, but now appear to be fine.

thanks,
scott
Old 01-20-2017, 06:57 PM
AGF Sponsor

Maury from Maury's Music was kind enough to give us a ridiculously glowing review of our picks. He even took the time to record five different videos of him playing our products on his amazing Martin OM. Wow, what a combination. Here are a couple of the vids, followed by the written review. Last, I'll place the direct link to the review on his site. I knew nothing about any of this till he posted it; I was pleasantly shocked. We don't have enough margin to sell direct to dealers, but I'm sure Maury would be happy to answer any quick questions you may have about our products. Thanks, Maury.

The specific model Maury is playing is this one: http://www.charmedlifepicks.com/prod...7-7e066a81c875

HERE'S THE REVIEW: Charmed Life Picks are Made in the USA from two of the most popular materials in the guitar playing world. Top players have compared the CL picks to Blue Chip and Red Bear, and for good reason ... Charmed Life picks are handmade from those same two materials. I received my first CL pick - a .75mm Brown Series Triangle, and I really like it! I spent over 20 years playing thin picks, and developed a "death grip" because those picks flex so well. When Lori and I started Maury's Music, I discovered several boutique pick manufacturers, but all their products were too thick for my grip. Strumming with a heavy pick requires a good amount of touch, and it's taken me a more than a few years to re-train my muscle memory.

I found out about Charmed Life Picks several months ago, on the Acoustic Guitar Forum. We're a proud sponsor of the AGF, and I'd often see glowing reviews for Scott's Charmed Life guitar picks (Scott's a Sponsor there, too). I wanted to dip my toes in the pool, but Scott's inventory was mostly standard shaped picks, in thicknesses of .90 and greater. That is ... until now!

Charmed Life Picks just announced their new .75 brown triangle & I immediately ran for my wallet. For me, this pick is the best of both worlds. Because of its large shape and .75 thickness, it has enough flex for my grip, and the right amount of attack & presence. Because of the material used, it has warmth, sustain and a beautiful decay. Before finding this pick, I would want to play a thick pick for its warmth, but need to play a thin pick for its flex and sharpness. This CL pick really brings out the tone of my Martin OM-28V. I'll still bring a pocket full of Dunlop .60 triangles & Awe In One Yellows to my gigs, but my new Charmed Life CT75 is my #1 go-to in the studio and at home. Maybe someday I'll graduate to the thicker .90s - but for now, I'm pretty psyched to have quality pick with some flex. Thanks again Scott!

It's unrealistic to try and capture the subtleties of guitar pick's tone in a YouTube video, but I just wanted to share my first impressions on-camera. Do you play a Charmed Life Pick? Please post your comments below. Thanks!

http://www.maurysmusic.com/maury_s_b...med_life_picks

Thanks Again, Maury!

scott memmer

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 01-20-2017 at 07:13 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace