The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-08-2011, 01:57 PM

Default Hermanos Godvinez guitars

Hey everyone,
Does anyone here know about these guitars?

The one I own, used to be my grandmother's, and she bought it back in the 60s/70s I think. It's got a stick on the back of the headstock that says "Al's Music Studio" in LA, CA.

On the inside the label says "Guitarras de Calidad. Hermanos GODVINEZ. Mod. G705" which translate to "Quality Guitars. Godvinez Brothers. Mod G705"

It looks to be a cedar-esque top and mahogany-esque back and sides. Probably all laminate. But it's been a great guitar for me since day 1. It's the one I learned how to play on. Action is great, intonation is just a little off but you wouldn't be able to tell without a tuner nearby.

I know it's probably not some secret master piece of an instrument, but I just want to know a little more about this guitar that ignited my passion for guitars.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2011, 04:30 PM

Lower end guitars at one time. Once upon a time (1970's) made in Japan; label said "Made in Japan."
Old 05-08-2011, 05:15 PM

thanks. guess the "Made In Japan" sticker is covered by the "Al's music studio" sticker on the back of the headstock.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical