The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-16-2009, 06:07 PM

Default Lets all support each others Youtube Page! Please read!

I got to reading the Post your youtube page thread and it got me thinking. If we all go through and hit the subscribe button on everyones channel who posted up we can all show support for one another and keep up with everyones new videos. I got to halfway down page 2 and youtube has told me to wait a little while before I can keep adding subcriptions. I will keep subcribing to everyone who posted until I make it to the end!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Thorny2

Fender DG 20s Dread

Taylor 854ce

1979 Yamaha FG-612

1962 Martin D-18

2006 Martin DC-Aura
Old 04-16-2009, 06:30 PM

Great idea. I'm happy to do that too. Don't forget to leave comments if you like what you see (don't feel obligated to this though). Encouragement is always a good thing.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:02 PM

Location: Jackson, LA in body......North Carolina mountains in spirit

Man, great idea but easier said than done!!! I'm on my second "please wait" message, but I've just about got 'em all..............................

as if I needed another excuse to spend way too much time on youtube!?!?

Somewhere around 200 strings attached to various shapes, sizes, and types of wood. Real P.I.T.A. when it comes time to tune!!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:19 PM

So you're the reason I got 3 emails of new people subscribing to my Youtube? Sounds like a plan anyway......
Old 04-16-2009, 08:26 PM

Sorry all, I removed my link. I understand the support thing, but I have a different viewpoint when it comes to subscriptions. I enjoyed listening to many of the channels posted! Lots of great players out there!

-Brian W.

Last edited by Brian W.; 04-16-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66strummer View Post
So you're the reason I got 3 emails of new people subscribing to my Youtube? Sounds like a plan anyway......
Yeah, I was wondering myself about my newfound fame.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDog16 View Post
Yeah, I was wondering myself about my newfound fame.

I thought maybe someone called the Bad Music Police on me again.....
Old 04-17-2009, 10:10 AM

Default My take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
Sorry all, I removed my link. I understand the support thing, but I have a different viewpoint when it comes to subscriptions. I enjoyed listening to many of the channels posted! Lots of great players out there!

-Brian W.
I feel the same way with Brian, but I didn't remove my link,
IMHO, I'd take my hat off and applaused everyone who has a gut to put himself on the spot at UT
to be ridiculed, criticized, or even look down upon from the ones who think they are better.

I'd like us all to see this (BTW, I've permitted from "tosaytheleast")
tosaytheleast
Those who can, do.
Those who cannot, criticize.
They've really taken a lot of the fun out of all of this.

If you don't like the way I do it,
then do it yourself.
If you think I played it wrong,
then do it yourself.
If you think I should change this or that,
then do it yourself.
Shut up, do it yourself, post it and leave me alone

I know that it's pretty "in your face" from this young man but I agree with him. To me it's only fun thing that he likes to do just like he said, I just take it as it is, if I don't enjoy your music creations I just move on b/c I realized that each of us have tried our best but like Paul Simon sang "One man ceiling is another man floor". Nobody's right or wrong, Nobody's better or worse, we're just different in seeing/hearing to everything in the world.
I was in La Louvre Museum in Paris few times and each time I never fail to take a look at the fame Mona Lisa and enjoyed it as much as the other paintings there, heck I even enjoyed the 2nd grade student first painting as much!
What I'm trying to say is just enjoy them all while you can, there'll be the day that you'll lose the ability to have those 5 senses so you won't regret that you didn't appreciate the hard work that some others tried to share with you at the best of their talents.
Thanks all to read down (ups?) to this line, and please keep sharing your "joy of music", just remember Van Goah was nobody when he was alive and his "Starry, starry night" was sold for many $$$millions when he's dead and gone
Old 04-17-2009, 11:02 AM

Per Thorny's suggestion on the other thread, I went through and added everyone who had posted. (Or at least everyone who still had a link showing.) Now what do I do with them? I have about a million songs showing up in my subscriptions section. Does that help anybody? Am I going to get bombarded with emails? Am I going to be sorry I did this?

Along the same lines as Napman's post, I'm pretty new to youtube, and the activity on my page has been predictably slow. Today I thought something was going on. When I logged on, I saw that I had 3 new subscribers. I was kind of excited until I found out that they came from this and the other youtube thread. (Not a bad thing, just no big deal.) Then I saw that someone finally posted a comment on one of my videos, "Machine Gun Kelly":
guitar is really atmospheric but your singing needs work to be honest, try singing it without the guitar
I was going to thank the guy for the comment (not what he said, but just the fact that he took time to post something), but then started wondering what kind of guy would post something like that, unsolicited. I figured it's probably best to just ignore, rather than encourage him.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by napman View Post
What I'm trying to say is just enjoy them all while you can, there'll be the day that you'll lose the ability to have those 5 senses so you won't regret that you didn't appreciate the hard work that some others tried to share with you at the best of their talents.
Good point!

I’m truly excited when I get a new subscriber to my youtube channel . . . and believe me; they are few and far between! To know that someone I’ve never met is genuinely interested in my music feels great. To think that the subscriptions are based on musical merit means that they are hard-earned . . . and that feels awesome!

So it seems to me that randomly subscribing to support one another is of good intention, but maybe a little misguided and perhaps less rewarding. This part of the forum is a great place to share our craft. I tell ya, there’s some good stuff here too!!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:47 PM

As far as your stuff getting noticed on Youtube there are some nice tricks that work I believe. Anyone tried them? What works well?
Old 04-17-2009, 05:41 PM

Location: Jackson, LA in body......North Carolina mountains in spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by napman View Post
I feel the same way with Brian, but I didn't remove my link,
IMHO, I'd take my hat off and applaused everyone who has a gut to put himself on the spot at UT
to be ridiculed, criticized, or even look down upon from the ones who think they are better.

I'd like us all to see this (BTW, I've permitted from "tosaytheleast")
tosaytheleast
Those who can, do.
Those who cannot, criticize.
They've really taken a lot of the fun out of all of this.

If you don't like the way I do it,
then do it yourself.
If you think I played it wrong,
then do it yourself.
If you think I should change this or that,
then do it yourself.
Shut up, do it yourself, post it and leave me alone

I know that it's pretty "in your face" from this young man but I agree with him. To me it's only fun thing that he likes to do just like he said, I just take it as it is, if I don't enjoy your music creations I just move on b/c I realized that each of us have tried our best but like Paul Simon sang "One man ceiling is another man floor". Nobody's right or wrong, Nobody's better or worse, we're just different in seeing/hearing to everything in the world.
I was in La Louvre Museum in Paris few times and each time I never fail to take a look at the fame Mona Lisa and enjoyed it as much as the other paintings there, heck I even enjoyed the 2nd grade student first painting as much!
Thanks all to read down (ups?) to this line, and please keep sharing your "joy of music", just remember Van Goah was nobody when he was alive and his "Starry, starry night" was sold for many $$$millions when he's dead and gone

In "somewhat" the same vein............I've been playing with computers since the "DOS" days.........bulliten boards.........typing "paths" to go anywhere......very non-visual. Youtude rocks, IMHO!!!! Amazing where the technology has gone. But you need to check your ego at the door, if you're going to participate. It's only the internet, for cripes sake!! Doesn't really affect my daily life, but it's loads of fun!! And I love the access I now have to all kinds of great music.........similar to my joining this board! Never really knew what I was missing.

Somewhere around 200 strings attached to various shapes, sizes, and types of wood. Real P.I.T.A. when it comes time to tune!!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:38 PM

Thanks to all who subscribed to my page, I'm working on getting all of ya's on my subscription list.

www.davidgreen.bandcamp.com
Old 04-17-2009, 07:55 PM

Think I got everyone. I'll have to check again.....
Old 04-17-2009, 08:32 PM

me too. think i got 'em all.

'71 Guild D25
'83 Guild D35
'98 Guild F30r

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell