The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-17-2018, 01:56 PM

Default 2010 Gibson Les Paul Custom '55 Hot Mod Refin for...

cash or trade. So many great guitars for sale here yet I am stuck with a sinkhole and retaining wall fix so my cash flow is not so good at the moment. So...

up for sale or trade is one of the best Les Paul customs (some may say) in recent memory. Its a bit different as it is a replica of a 1955 les paul with a refinish job. Apparently late 50s and 60s, people would strip the gold top finish and give it a sunburst finish as well as trade out the P90s for humbuckers. This was meant to make it LOOK like a 1957ish les paul. For accuracy, you will notice the top seam isn't centered as, remember, these were meant to be gold tops so you wouldn't see the seam. Kind of cool. Has a wrap tail bridge and the neck carve is shown in one of the pics. It weighs between 8.5 and 9 lbs (my scale isn't accurate so thats the range. Only issue is one strap button is stripped (got it this way) so i could use my stripped screw tool if you want to change the strap button or its solid from the factory if you use the regular strap button.

So with all that said, trade-wise, i would look at $3400 as I have it for sale around that elsewhere. Cash, I would do $3000k which would include shipping, insurance and PP fees.

For trade you ask? I have a Taylor and wouldn't need another. Maybe a Martin XXv? Not a Collings fan (awesome guitars just none i have played have been my sound), love some of these Goodalls for sale but alas, probably to much cash to throw in at the moment. Mine is mint (except for that screw) so would want something basically excellent plus coming back. maybe throw an offer out there and if nothing sticks I will just stick to selling it elsewhere as I hate wasting others time and don't want to turn down every offer. If this retaining wall wasn't falling and a sinkhole wasn't growing after 3 nor'easters in 3 weeks, I would have loved JohnnyDs Edmonds and Lmertz Goodall!! FYI its on reverb and eBay also. Don't see many of these...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2453.jpg (55.1 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2454.jpg (44.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2455.jpg (39.2 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2451.jpg (56.1 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 55 neck.jpg (46.5 KB, 67 views)
Gibson R0 Les Paul
Old 03-17-2018, 01:58 PM

From the Gibson site:

The Custom Hot Mod Refin Wraptail embodies turning a 1955 LP to a '58-60 LP down perfectly, and even exhibits the only obvious tell tale sign of such alterations: the slightly off center seam in the two piece maple top which would have typically been hidden beneath the opaque Goldtop finish. This guitar begins with the template of a 1955 Les Paul with solid one piece lightweight mahogany back and carved maple top, adds the "Refin" element of rich nitrocellulose cherry sunburst finish, gives it the "hot Mod" of two BurstBucker humbucking pickups while retaining its early '55 wraptail bridge, represented by a TonePros wraparound bridge with locking studs and long steel anchors. Add it up and its a bundle of PAF-fired 'Burst tone in your hands.

FEATURES:
Mahogany Body with Maple Top - Heritage cherry sunburst nitro finish
24-3/4" scale
Set-in neck joint
Mahogany neck
Soft shoulder '55 neck profile
Rosewood fretboard
1-11/16" nut
TonePros wrap tail one piece bridge/tailpiece with locking studs
BurstBucker 1 neck/BurstBucker 2 bridge humbuckers
Volume/volume/tone/tone controls
3 way pickup selector