The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-13-2018, 05:33 PM

Default Packers fans...

So they get rid of Jordy and pick up Graham... I'm sure Graham is happy that he'll be an integral part of the passing game unlike in Seattle. But I'm surprised that Rodgers to Nelson, one of the greatest passing batteries ever, is no more. What says you?
Old 03-13-2018, 05:52 PM

Pack has a slew of superstars in the waiting....Jordy is almost done
Old 03-13-2018, 08:35 PM

It frees up 10 million in cap money, with only 2 million in dead money. I'm sure it was a tough call, but it makes sense.

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
2012 Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 03-13-2018, 08:53 PM
Charter Member

I've been a Packer fan for 50 years. Jordy was one of my favorites. At first I got a little angry, but then I realized he got paid millions to play a game. Life goes on.

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:11 PM

It might make good football sense, but it's a PR disaster.

Management claims his stats were down last year. Well, duh! Could that maybe, just maybe, be due to having the world's worst second string quarterback behind center for most of the season?

I think I smell more than a little bit of desperation wafting out of the head coach's office. Aging QB. New GM with a lot to prove. Wholesale assistant coaching staff turnover. Head coach who's a John Candy clone living on borrowed time. Management feeling the need to produce a winner this year. Not sure this is the way to go about it. Time will tell.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:12 PM
Charter Member

I'm a packers fan but can't speak intelligently about them. Please don't hold it against me.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 03-13-2018, 09:15 PM

I’ll bet Matthews is next up on the chopping block. Sad, but this has to be done.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:54 AM

I'm with TBMan, hundreds of players who've been groomed and stroked since middle school, playing a game to entertain us and getting paid big-time while at it. There are many physical dangers involved but they are known hazards going into this line of "work". Politics peeked in last year and the popularity of the sport has sagged some. If the "misery likes company" has any merit, ALL the teams are currently churning with contracts, skill levels, salary caps etc. etc. Rest assured, there will be games come August (Mandatory exhibitions with those season tickets) and then the 16 game schedule. I watch some of the games and am entertained and amazed at the skill levels but I no longer live or die with "my team". Green Bay is the only team that is owned by its fans. They actually own stock, albeit no dividends, but there will never be the threat of "we're going to move the team" that all the other owners put out to get some tax enhancements or new stadium, for their franchises.

Meanwhile, crank up the noise level on the MLB. ALL the teams are currently "contenders"------even the decimated Detroit Tigers!

Fog
Old 03-14-2018, 09:42 AM

I'm a lifelong Packers fan, even though I've never lived in Wisconsin. Jordy has been my favorite player in recent years, and I am very sorry to see him go. However, the Pack has needed a dominant TE for a long time (since Jermichael Finley had to leave the team), and Graham could fit the bill.

Good luck to Jordy, and Go Pack Go!

"May you stay forever young."-Dylan
Old 03-16-2018, 09:01 PM

I know it makes sense financially, but PR wise, team chemistry wise, for the sake of my daughter who loves him, I think they should have restructured his contract. I think this release is a disaster and predict he will have a great year next year.

I hate the move.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic