The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-30-2002, 10:57 AM

Default Gods of Music Review

All,

I just got another review from Gods of Music, and they again were nice enough to feature me on the front page of the website. Check out the link:

http://www.godsofmusic.com/gom/revie...detail&id=3967

The link above take you directly to my review. The link below takes you to the front page of the site. You should be able to see a link to the review on the right side of the page.

www.godsofmusic.com

Thanks,

David
Old 04-30-2002, 12:36 PM
Charter Member

Way to go David!
I enjoyed listening to your tunes.
You're a great player!
Old 04-30-2002, 01:35 PM

Really great stuff David....enjoyed it. What guitar did you use on Bridges?
Old 04-30-2002, 02:16 PM

All of the recordings on the mp3 site (which are what's been reviewed at Gods of Music)were done using my Taylor 714ce.

On my CD I re-recorded Bridges with my Alberico OM. I think my recordings using the Taylor are better than my recording with the Alberico because I just have more practice recording the Taylor.

Thanks for the feedback!!

David
Old 05-01-2002, 08:35 AM

I saw the review there the other day when I was purusing through. Congrats again on a high score! I sub'd one of mine last week. Nothing yet...
Old 05-01-2002, 09:09 AM

I've had two songs reviewed on the GOM site. The first review took about two weeks to be published. I was pretty excited about the review and decided to submit another song. The policy is that you have to wait at least 30 days between reviews before submitting a new song.

I waited the appropriate 30 days and submitted the second song. This was some time in February. I got notice of the review a couple of days ago, so the second review took a couple of months to be published.

All I can say is have patience.

David
Old 05-01-2002, 10:49 AM

They must be backed up pretty far, then. BTW, here's a couple of sites you may find useful in promoting your CD that I found recently. I'm still months away...

Sell Your Music Online

10 Places to Promote

Mostly links to other sites, but probably something useful in there.

Rick
Old 05-01-2002, 12:37 PM

David: That review was right on the mark and VERY well deserved.

However, I have only one complaint. When are you gonna get another CD together?????
Old 05-01-2002, 01:12 PM

I JUST FINISHED THE FIRST ONE?!?!?!?

I'm torn on what my next disc is going to be. I have six solo acoustic pieces finished in terms writing, but I still need to practice them before I'm ready to record. Then I have maybe six vocal songs arranged for a regular rock band finished. I want to eventually get my "pop" stuff onto a CD, but it's not really a priority for me.

So, I have twelve songs finished and ready for recording, but they're such an odd mix that I don't think they belong together (and you thought my first CD was a strange mix).

Finally, I think I'm selling enough of my current CD to justify having a small amount manufactured. That's going to require some work. And I need to get my lazy butt in gear and work on getting some bookings. I want to play more shows this summer.

I've got a lot to keep me busy, so the next disc will come when it comes. However, THANK YOU FOR ASKING!!!!! It really is nice to have folks to talk about this stuff with.

Rick,

Thanks again for the links. You've done a lot if internet legwork and know where a lot of cool and useful sites are.

David
Old 05-01-2002, 07:01 PM

Great review David! Well deserved. I 'm also anxious to get my hands on your next CD.
Mickey

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification