The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-19-2002, 11:47 PM

Default Hey RL

Hey RL,
How does your son like the 514, playing Dave Matthews style music? I'll be buying one soon, and my style is real similar to that. My only worries is that it won't be able to handle my hard stumming. I love the sound though more than any other model. I'll probabbly get it no matter what, but I'd still like to hear what your son has to say about it. Thanks Man
Matt
Old 04-19-2002, 11:51 PM

Oops! sorry yall I didn't mean to post this as a new thread, I wanted to add it on as a relp to someone elses thread. My Bad. Anyways, reply if you wish, I'd love to hear anyones opinions on it. Also, What do yall think of the differences between the 514 and 714ce models? The 514 had already spoken to me, but I haven't gotten to play on the 714 yet to see if it 'speaks' louder. Peace.
Matt
Old 04-25-2002, 04:54 PM

Hello Austinmusicmatt.

Sorry I'm so slow responding to your post.

Chris has the 514CE right now. I'll forward this to him. Hopefully he will respond. Truth is, I don't know how he responds to the 514CE next to the 814CE but he has used both recording.

R.L.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:09 AM

Not sure how RLs son likes the 514 for playing Dave Matthews' music but I can tell you that Dave himself plays on a 714
Old 04-26-2002, 05:27 PM

I have a 514ce. I guess I'm pretty rough on it. I tune it all over the place, use medium strings, (to standard pitch) and I use a percussive right-hand technique, strumming in from about 4" out. I like the thump-thump-thump when I strum. I'm surprised I haven't put my hand through the soundboard or watched the bridge go flying across the room. I slap it too. (esp. when it's being ornery)

After two years of this abuse the belly is still flat and there's no funny brace noises. She still treats me with the sound that made me have to take her home no matter what. (pfft.. who needs food anyway)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification