The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-23-2002, 10:19 PM

i must agree that playing and singing crash by dmb is incredibly difficult to do. it took me a long time to get that one down. my advice is to spend enough time playing a song that you can play it while talking to others or while thinking about something else. if you can do this, singing should be no prob. i usually spend about 4 straight hours learning a song if its hard. by the end of that time period, if i cant play and sing at least part of it, i stop and play something hard that i can sing to (just to rebuild a little confidence). then i go back to the other song. also, playing along with the cd can help.
stick with it, youll get it eventually.
Old 04-25-2002, 05:29 PM

Default KC GSR

The problem with playing and singing Crash at the same time is that every other root note changes on the upbeat. When you are trying to learn to sing while you play this makes it very difficult because it's much easier when every change is on a downbeat. The trick to singing Dave Matthews while you play it is first getting to the point where you can play the guitar parts in your sleep. Because of all the awkward chord shapes and changes he does, it's very hard to do the singing and playing at the same time, especially when you're just starting out.

Kyle

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification