The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-01-2003, 11:35 PM

Default Crack repair / fret job / bone nut & saddle ~ How Much $

Hey fellas. In addition to my 614ce, I have a 1973 Guild D25. Its one hell of a guitar. I bought it for $400 bucks my senior year of high school and it has been with me for 10 yrs. now. The sentimental value of this instrument greatly outweighs the actual value of it, but its a keeper for sure. In order to keep in tip-top playing condition, I'm going to have to have some work done to it. There are two cracks in the back, and the top is starting to slightly pull away from the binding on the left hand side. The frets are wearing away in the open chord positions as well. Can anyone give me an estimate as to how much a total fix up will cost?
Old 03-02-2003, 09:39 AM

Man, that would be hard to say without seeing it. Obvious answer would be to take it somewhere you trust to have them look at it. Most places can give you an estimate before the work is started.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification