The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-03-2009, 02:07 PM

Default Removing left over glue/paper residue from interior guitar label removal.

The label on my new T170 was peeling so when I was setting it up last night, so I peeled it off.

It left some paper/glue residue behind and I was wondering how it is best removed.

If anyone has done this with success, please tip me off.

It's appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:10 PM
AGF Sponsor

You can use a small cloth dampened with hot water mixed with a couple tablespoons of vinegar. Don't use a lot of water or a saturated rag but it should remove the glue residue with some persistent elbow grease. The moisture will raise the grain of the wood so after it is dry you will need to lightly sand the area, in the direction of the grain with 320 grit sandpaper.

You can also use a single edge razor blade, held perpendicular to the back, to scrape the dried glue residue away but this takes more skill. If you slip with the razor blade you may damage the wood beyond repair too ;(
Old 11-03-2009, 09:02 PM

Thanks for the tip!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion