The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 04-20-2024, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllink View Post
I think the Mainland ukes themselves are made in China and then assembled in the US. I've been to their place a couple times and I own a Mainland mahogany concert uke. They are really nice ukuleles though.
Parts cut and sourced from China, or anywhere for that matter, and assembled in the U.S., or anywhere for that matter - to me - doesn't constitute "made in China". The parts however well they are cut, have to be professionally trimmed, sanded, augmented, assembled .&... made... in the U.S. (or wherever).
Old 04-21-2024, 03:29 AM
Charter Member

Hmmm. Coming back to this resurrected thread…

I didn’t want half way around the world because as a family we have been staying away from Amazon, long shipping routes, that sort of thing. An attempt to be more earth friendly. I was not maligning the far east. I’ve bought my share of Eastmans.

It’s the same thinking that buying a Tesla is good for the earth if your electrical power comes from Niagara Falls. Less so if it come from coal.

Anyways my daughter loves the Flea. Thanks for that great suggestion.she and I play together each week. New song a week we learn…
Old 04-25-2024, 06:55 PM

A department at work wanted to give their manager a custom instrument and asked if I could make a guitar for them for $200. Obviously they had no clue on what custom instruments cost. I let my soft spot do the thinking and said I will build a uke for them for that, basically build it for free. A tenor with cherry b&s's, spruce top, maple neck, oak neck and bridge.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments