The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-21-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
Yup. Slot receiver comes up big. Debatable call. Clutch play from Brady. And Gronk out. I've seen this movie before. Almost as predictable as Star Wars. The good guys even win in the end. 😀
Hmmm I must've been watching the Star Wars of a slightly earlier galaxy, a little farther away

Old 01-21-2018, 07:18 PM

Thumbs up

Geez...why didn't Brady play like this at Michigan? Who'd a thunk
Old 01-21-2018, 07:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
How true! Might have won 4 national titles and 4 Heismans.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Brady drafted 199th. I don't think he was even supposed to be an average QB.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Brady drafted 199th. I don't think he was even supposed to be an average QB.

Here is what the 6 QB's drafted ahead of Brady are doing today.... Hint. Not paying football, although one is a goat farmer.... No offense to any goat farmers on the forum

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...-UAF8X&ampcf=1

....and that's it....

...Until I get better

Gary , From Connecticut
Old 01-21-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjd100 View Post
Here is what the 6 QB's drafted ahead of Brady are doing today.... Hint. Not paying football, although one is a goat farmer.... No offense to any goat farmers on the forum

One them is farming Brady?
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-21-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
One them is farming Brady?
That's a good one...

....and that's it....

...Until I get better

Gary , From Connecticut
Old 01-21-2018, 09:39 PM

Okay, it's time to drop the denial . Tom's the G.O.A.T
I might even almost like him someday

Old 01-21-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjd100 View Post

Carl Yastremski retired to be a potato farmer on Long Island .
Old 01-21-2018, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Yes, he has clearly underachieved! *rolls eyes*

Not hating. I've just seen this movie before. That Jags certainly made things interesting, but their D started getting penalized. That's all the Pats needed. Lather, rinse, repeat. Since I can't in good conscience root for any team out of Philadelphia, it's time for me to turn my full attention back to hockey.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:31 AM

I have to finally give in . My wife has decided to pay more attention to football, and possibly/partially to (lovingly) torment me, it's taken the form of liking Tom Brady . Some serious continental drift happened Sunday , causing massive upheaval in many areas of my football landscape , as I became more and more aware of the inevitability of my own misery if I kept being upset that the Patriots win. Not just that they win, but the new layer of nearly-worshipful
(tormenting) commentary from my lovely viewing partner . "That coach learns what the other team is doing and then changes his strategy" . "Is Tom really the best ever, like Ben Roesthisberger says?" , and so on . The whole game.
I slowly accepted the futility of resistance . I won't go so far as to say I'll be sad if the Eagles win in two weeks, because I will be happy , but at least I don't think I'll completely ignore the NFL until next year if the Eagles lose. Last year when the Falcons lost - and I give a field mouse's arse about the Falcons- I avoided every mention of football until the first regular season game of this year But something changed today . Maybe part of it was that big baby face of Bellichick grinning after the game ; it kind of melted my heart a little (am I laying it on too thick ? ) , but mostly it was my wife .
Life is just easier when we agree on things , and I can do that, even if it hurts some .
Old 01-22-2018, 04:08 AM

I’m really sick of the refs being paid off by Kraft comments. It’s ridiculous already and makes haters sound like a sore losers. A lot bad calls against the Pats happened on that game. That very late takedown on Cooks after that td, that hit on Gronk, so much stuff other teams get away with against the pats but people don’t notice because they’re consumed by their hate towards the Pats.

The Pats won because they have the greatest coach in the history of the NFL, and the greatest QB ever. Year after year, the Pats are a less than perfect team, you see them struggle just about every game but they always pull it off, that’s because of brilliant coaching. Belichick is the master of adapting and exploiting, you can clearly see how it’s almost certain that the tide will turn eventually.

Stop hating and enjoy something that will be talked about decades from now.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
I’m really sick of the refs being paid off by Kraft comments. It’s ridiculous already and makes haters sound like a sore losers. A lot bad calls against the Pats happened on that game. That very late takedown on Cooks after that td, that hit on Gronk, so much stuff other teams get away with against the pats but people don’t notice because they’re consumed by their hate towards the Pats.

The Pats won because they have the greatest coach in the history of the NFL, and the greatest QB ever. Year after year, the Pats are a less than perfect team, you see them struggle just about every game but they always pull it off, that’s because of brilliant coaching. Belichick is the master of adapting and exploiting, you can clearly see how it’s almost certain that the tide will turn eventually.

Stop hating and enjoy something that will be talked about decades from now.

I watched almost the whole game, and I was against the Pats the whole game . A while after it was over , my wife came up and said people were saying because one ref congratulated Brady after the game, that it proved how it was rigged for the Pats. I just laughed and said "that's just stupid" .
maybe one sort of iffy defensive holding call before the half (maybe not so iffy) . I didn't get a close look at the delay of game, but yeah, that was a bad hit on the big guy. No favoritism ; they just made more plays that counted.
End of story.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:14 AM

I think you could put the kicker in as QB in a Belichick coached team and he would do as well as Brady. It's easy to be the best when you are surrounded by the best.

PS: Panther's fan here...don't like the Pats.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:39 AM

Heh. The two most hated fan bases in the league are going to the Twin Cities. I bet they're regretting putting that bid to host the SB in right about now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic