The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-05-2015, 04:00 PM

I can't wrap my thumb to pick up the bass F note. Impossible reach for my thumb. But, throwing the full barre chord comes very easy for me.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitar View Post
I can't wrap my thumb to pick up the bass F note. Impossible reach for my thumb. But, throwing the full barre chord comes very easy for me.
Me either. And, I just realized it after about 2 months with my new guitar. And, I'm a little ticked off at myself. When I auditioned the guitar, I was focused on getting a big fingerstyle sound. Never played the cowboy songs in F in first position when I tried it out.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitar View Post
Same. Maybe I could reach, even though I don't have very long fingers, but I started playing classical guitar way back in my teens and I cannot seem to bring myself to wrap my thumb over on top of the finger board. Maybe I could cultivate that ability, but the bar/barre seems fine to me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion