The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-18-2017, 10:36 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD: Emerald Cocobolo X20 - A classy touch from Emerald Guitars!

A double win for me today and allow me to share.

Firstly, to my surprise, my new custom Emerald X20 arrived in my office this morning, I was waiting for the Customs to send me a letter first to provide documentation to clear the guitar but she came straight through.

Secondly, and because she came straight through, I didn't pay any import tax and custom duties!! It was good enough that Emerald Guitars include world wide shipping, this was a bonus. I have ordered many many guitars from overseas and this is the very first I have escaped these costs.

My custom cocobolo was built using the same veneer sheet as the one used in Benderman57's cocobolo X20. As you can see from the pic his guitar took the wider sapwood section while mine took the other half.

What a classy touch from Emerald Guitars, I will let the pictures do the talking.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:48 PM
Charter Member

How many times can we say it ! Another stunning Emerald. Congrats ! Wow !
How does it sound?
Old 04-18-2017, 10:54 PM
Anticipation Junkie

You know, as much as I like benderman57's, I noticed this one too in the family pic in another thread, and enlarged it on my screen where I really liked the way the Heartwood tapers to a point before the end. These cocos are incredible and yours is equally as stunning! Enjoy it!
Old 04-18-2017, 11:21 PM
Charter Member

Wooooowwwwwwwww!! Yet another stunning Emerald! Congrats! Welcome to the mug club! 😎

I know you will enjoy this beauty..

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 05:06 AM

She's a beaut mate !
Perth must be about as far from Donegal as you can get on this planet, glad it worked out so well for you.

I've seen a TV show called "Border Force: Australia's Front Line", those blokes are pretty vigilant !
Your guitar must've slipped past while they were in make up , or practising saying cool tough guy lines.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:42 AM

Wow!! As usual.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-19-2017, 06:08 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on yet another stunner from the lads at Emerald!!

I too love the way the sapwood comes to a point.........maybe you could name it ''Excalibur", as that looks like a sword!!

Looking forward to the day when my green "Woody" X20 that's on order arrives to me here in Texas.

Cheers and enjoy!!!
  • Takamine 2006 Ltd.
  • Takamine EAC48C
  • Takamine ESF40C
  • Tama #3561 Dread
  • Whelan Dreadnought
  • Whelan Grand Auditorium
  • Yamaki YW-80
Old 04-19-2017, 06:38 AM
Charter Member

I guess this makes us "Cocobolo Brothers"

Really loving mine, I hope you will as well.
Iris Smeck Slope Shoulder Dread
Iris AB Model
Many Takamine Pro series
Godin A8 Mandolin
Old 04-19-2017, 06:47 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations on your Cocobolo X20! Looks great...enjoy and play it in good health.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:09 AM
Charter Member

Another stunningly beautiful guitar! Congratulations! No doubt, it sounds and plays as beautiful as it looks. Thanks for sharing with us.

Emerald is making some true guitar art - just when I think "Oh, that's my favorite!" another gorgeous guitar shows up.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:06 AM
Guest 928

An instant collector's item--congratulations!
Old 04-19-2017, 11:18 AM

Beautiful guitar. I am at a loss for words.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 04-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

Wow! That cocobolo is a sublime touch to an already fine guitar. Truly a piece of art. Congrats on your new piece.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:45 PM

Im on vacation this week and just popped into the forum to see whats going on. I dont get much time on here these days.
Im delighted to see you guys enjoying the custom Woodies so much.
It has been such an interesting creative process developing these instruments. Right the way from sourcing the veneers to choosing how to cut it and then adding the cosmetic appointments. It really creates such a vast palette to choose from.
As we finish each of these guitars they become our favourite and then the next comes along and it takes its place.
For this one I tapered the book match to create the V in the heartwood and I really like how it turned out.
Alistair
Old 04-19-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Hay View Post
Im on vacation this week and just popped into the forum to see whats going on. I dont get much time on here these days.
Im delighted to see you guys enjoying the custom Woodies so much.
It has been such an interesting creative process developing these instruments. Right the way from sourcing the veneers to choosing how to cut it and then adding the cosmetic appointments. It really creates such a vast palette to choose from.
As we finish each of these guitars they become our favourite and then the next comes along and it takes its place.
For this one I tapered the book match to create the V in the heartwood and I really like how it turned out.
Alistair
Hi Alistair,

I hope you are having a great vacation. I don't have the funds at the moment, but sometime in the next decade (hopefully sooner but post college expenses) I will be putting in an order for a 12 string. I expect (and hope) that it will be your favorite guitar you've ever created when the time comes.

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber