The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 06-14-2015, 09:17 PM

Default PSA: Resolectric Jr.

There's a used resolectric Jr. on Ebay right now for $700 BIN with a make an offer option.

I'm loving my Resotone, which is essentially the same guitar.

It's basically National's version of a telecaster. Singlecone in a solidbody, which is more than loud enough for unplugged playing around the house, and it has an early version of the Hotplate pickup system.

Mine was so awesome that I was inspired to get a used Resolectric Revolver, which is a much more advanced version with a P90 and an active highlander biscuit pickup, and I will be selling my radiotone bendaway as I don't need it anymore now that I have these.

They have the exact same setup as a National El Trovador. Long scale. Strung with 12s. A thinner neck than an acoustic National.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:19 AM

Went back to check it. It's now $675, and the make an offer is still available. And it's a Resolectric Jr. II. I misspoke before. I think the original Resolectric jr had a P90, and was more ornate.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:09 AM
AGF Sponsor

I have the same model in Sunburst, and I love it. I replaced the Lollar pickup with a stacked humbucker by Bill Lawrence.

Here it is recorded acoustically with a little amp in the background.

https://www.facebook.com/howard.emer...type=3&theater

I have since installed a Crown CM-31 in the resonator well, but wired separate from the pickup.

HE
Old 06-15-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Emerson View Post
I have the same model in Sunburst, and I love it. I replaced the Lollar pickup with a stacked humbucker by Bill Lawrence.
HE
I assume you get more output from the humbucker. Never thought of doing that... Could really put some hair on some Elmore James stuff with that!

Nice hammer-ons by the way in the intro. Funky is as Funky does!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:24 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
I assume you get more output from the humbucker. Never thought of doing that... Could really put some hair on some Elmore James stuff with that!

Nice hammer-ons by the way in the intro. Funky is as Funky does!
I actually think the Lollar is hotter, but I can't stand the noise from a single coil.

This is a work in progress recording with the Lollar, but primarily through a '55 Danelectro Model 68 Special Series D amp:

The tune is since finished.

HE
Old 06-15-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I actually think the Lollar is hotter, but I can't stand the noise from a single coil.

This is a work in progress recording with the Lollar, but primarily through a '55 Danelectro Model 68 Special Series D amp:

The tune is since finished.

HE
Sadly the link is broke...
Old 06-15-2015, 03:08 PM

Completely gone now. Hope one of you got it.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:54 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Sadly the link is broke...
Blue,
The link wasn't broke. I just did not have the FB setting on public, but it might be working now if I correctly configured it.

https://www.facebook.com/howard.emer...4?notif_t=like

HE
Old 06-16-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Blue,
The link wasn't broke. I just did not have the FB setting on public, but it might be working now if I correctly configured it.

https://www.facebook.com/howard.emer...4?notif_t=like

HE
Still Brokerated...

But I went to Youtube and found other stuff of yours. So I still win! I have a resotone, so the guitar you are playing is less important to me than hearing what you're playing and how you play it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments