The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-31-2017, 06:24 AM

Default Boomerang III - What happened?

Hey.

After research - much of it here - I finally decided to buy the Boomerang III looper. After trying a half dozen major outlets I still can't find anyone who sells them. Are they no longer in business? The Boomerang website is still up but all of the dealer links that I tried don't list them.

I want to use it for live, solo performance. If I can't get one then I need to begin anew in my search. Any thoughts would also be appreciated.

Thanks, in advance,
Dave
Old 05-31-2017, 05:02 PM

Default Boomerang

Check the website again. Looks like a new owner is taking over and will sell again late summer
Old 05-31-2017, 05:11 PM

Default Thanks!

Yeah, I see that now that you have helped. Sorry to be a pest. Thanks for pointing that out.

I guess I will wait until the end of summer unless someone has another idea for a looper that works well live and can do verse, chorus, bridge. I want everything to be available onstage and on the fly.

Thanks again,
Dave
Old 05-31-2017, 07:48 PM

Default Loopers

Quote:
Originally Posted by up-fiddler View Post
Yeah, I see that now that you have helped. Sorry to be a pest. Thanks for pointing that out.

I guess I will wait until the end of summer unless someone has another idea for a looper that works well live and can do verse, chorus, bridge. I want everything to be available onstage and on the fly.

Thanks again,
Dave
No worries, who knows, the message may have just been posted. Besides guitars, I'm also in to cycling and have seen this happen a half dozen times leaving potential customers wondering what's going on.

I'm thinking either the Pigtronix, Boss, or the EHX might do what you want. I've got the TC Ditto X4 and that only has two loops to work with.What kills me about loopers is why do so many have to be painted black with black controls? I once had the first generation Boss loop station and was horrified the first time I used it live on a dark stage - had to guess where the pedals were - those little red LED's were not enough. I you happen to get something like that, add a light

If I remember right, the Boomerang will not save loops - double check me though. I had considered that one but that was a deal breaker for me. Keep searching online, I did see a few of those for sale.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
live looping, looper pedal