The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-08-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdog49 View Post
The A4BR8-8 should be available soon as they are in production but out of stock, they are taking orders to hold a unit now for $549.00. My pre-order form is going in on Monday.
Please review it here once you've had a chance to use it. I for one, am very interested in your opinion.
Thanks!
Old 01-08-2017, 10:43 PM
Charter Member

I do plan to review it here, but the bad new is that I'm travelling until May and asked Nina to hold shipping until I'm back home in Oregon, so the review won't happen until then. The customer service and communication, by the way, is absolutely top notch. Here's a link to the sell sheet they sent me if you're interested.

http://eliteacoustics.com/images/121..._SellSheet.pdf
Old 01-10-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdog49 View Post
I do plan to review it here, but the bad new is that I'm travelling until May and asked Nina to hold shipping until I'm back home in Oregon, so the review won't happen until then. The customer service and communication, by the way, is absolutely top notch. Here's a link to the sell sheet they sent me if you're interested.

http://eliteacoustics.com/images/121..._SellSheet.pdf
Thanks dog, I look forward to your review even if it takes a few months. Safe travels!
Old 01-10-2017, 02:33 PM

Traynor replaced the Limo, but without the effects:

http://www.proaudiostar.com/traynor-...mate-50-b.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDWilliams View Post
They are full range like a PA. I have the smallest one, the M1BR3, and put piano, bass, and drum tracks through it via Bluetooth. Great for practice and would work in a very small room. I'm very happy with it and am considering the M6 model for playing out.

I've also used a battery powered Crate Limo for many gigs. Works well even for small outdoor things like wedding ceremonies. I think those are out of production though.

I currently use a Carvin AG300 for larger rooms. Not battery powered though.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:42 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricdoug View Post
Traynor replaced the Limo, but without the effects:

http://www.proaudiostar.com/traynor-...mate-50-b.html
That's a good choice. Cheaper than the Sunburst Gear. The Crate doesn't sound as good though. Don't know about the Traynor.

I ended up picking up the bigger model Sunburst Gear amp from Amazon. I really like it so far but haven't played out with it yet.

I also got one of these stands and made it into a very short speaker stand.

I don't have any gigs coming up in small rooms but this will be a LOT less to carry than the AG300. It should get a lot of use at outdoor weddings as the weather improves.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:41 PM

I personally use the Roland AC-33 and Laney 4x4, both great devices with their own limitations. The AC-33 has a lower volume but nicer acoustic+vocals tone. The Laney has better reach but slightly less pleasant sounds.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification