The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

Default MY Space music dubious AR pitch

Not sure if this is the right place but .........For all who have a my space music page there appears to be a currently active AR type pitch, that is questionable....It starts with a notification of message to you at your Myspace music page I googled this Hitt Music Group and found numerous forums and post after post with the same form letter message ( only the name and song titled changed to match the myspace page) and pitch.. being identified ...

Here is the the form letter message I recived........................................... .....

Subject:

A&R

Body:
Hey ------------ your first name on myspace page

Digging the tunes..." song title " especially! Great stuff. Anyway, my name is _XXXXXXX_________ from the Hitt Music Group and I'm on here scouting music for an independent film that my company is submitting music to. After checking your page and listing to your tracks, I believe my company would be interested in possible submitting your tunes to this opportunity. Do you have anymore songs that are like the ones on your page?

I would need to speak with you about this so I can get some more info about you and your songs to see if this opportunity is something that you can even be a part of. So if you can respond back with your contact info, "i usually prefer the phone" I will get in touch with you with all of the info you will need in order to get your songs submitted in time.

Anyway, I will also leave my contact info at the bottom of this email in case you would like to get a hold of me first.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to chatting soon.

Cheers,
___XXXXXX_XXXXX_____First and Last name
www. Hittmusicgroup. com
(323) 230 5647

From the google research IT seems that although engaged in nothing outright illegitimate It appears to be an actual AR subscription fee type company BBB rated.. and may actually do some a AR type stuff ... but the various posts are way less than favorable in the ensuing pitch , they want $399.oo up front right now .......,, the vast consensus is that its a waste of time and money.... So heads up just thought I would let people know

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell