The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-14-2014, 01:36 PM

Thank you Bob (and all the rest of your crew) for doing what it takes to put on a builder festival of this nature. Thanks to the city of Memphis, a city steeped in music tradition, for working hand in hand with Bob (and crew) to make this happen.

I can imagine the amount of unpaid time it takes to make phone calls, set up meetings with venues, players, builders, and coordinate with web designers and advertisers etc. Anyone who is part of this should not overlook all the behind the scene stuff Bob and crew do...so thanks again for that investment.

This is a great thing for builders, players and buyers and we need another builder festival to compliment Healdsburg in the alternate years.

I'm honored to be one of the luthiers that you will be having. Thank you.

Kevin
Old 06-16-2014, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

I am so excited about this!!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:52 PM
*mahoganut*

Great news - thanks all!

Phil
Old 06-16-2014, 07:13 PM

Thanks everyone for your very kind comments. This festival is growing by leaps and bounds and the buzz is very exciting! The workshops are filled as of today, but have been getting so many good responses, am considering adding more. The vendors area is open, but luthiers are limited to an absolute number of 60.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:15 AM

I'm really looking forward to this show. Bob has really done his homework and this promises to be a good one. It's really kind of hard for us (luthiers) to take the plunge on a new show, but Bob is very heavily invested in the industry and I'm very confident this will be a great one.
I'm excited to be included!
Old 06-18-2014, 04:44 PM

Default Memphis Guitar Show

I'm really looking forward to this show and appreciate all the work that Bob has put into organizing it. I suspect this show might attract lots of folks that don't attend Healdsburg and that's a good thing. I'd love to hear suggestions about differences in regional preferences and what types of guitars might be appropriate. Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:54 PM

While in Memphis, you need to check out Batson Guitars (even if the aren't displaying - which I have no idea).

They make some amazing and different guitars with features I think the upscale luthiers would find very interesting!

Memphis is a very cool town with so much musical history so save time to poke around!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:45 AM

+1 on all of the above...I think this show fills a big void, both in timing and in location. It will be very interesting to see what the tenor and taste is like in Memphis - I'm guessing the guitar players there are pretty different from the NY and CA types! Also, the town looks like a pretty dynamite backdrop.

Anyway - I just sent in my deposit! Really looking forward to being part of this show...it's already looking like it will be great. Many thanks to Bob for stepping up and making this happen for all of us!

Cheers,
Martin
Old 06-19-2014, 06:53 AM

Thanks again, Bob! Glad to be a part of it!

Brad
Old 06-19-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWoolson View Post
I'm really looking forward to this show. Bob has really done his homework and this promises to be a good one. It's really kind of hard for us (luthiers) to take the plunge on a new show, but Bob is very heavily invested in the industry and I'm very confident this will be a great one.
I'm excited to be included!
Looking forward to seeing you again Paul.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Caldwell View Post
I'm really looking forward to this show and appreciate all the work that Bob has put into organizing it. I suspect this show might attract lots of folks that don't attend Healdsburg and that's a good thing. I'd love to hear suggestions about differences in regional preferences and what types of guitars might be appropriate. Thanks in advance for your input.
Hopefully I will finally get to meet you Jimmy
Old 06-19-2014, 07:43 AM

Thanks Bob for filling the festival void. Haven't been to Memphis in years so really looking forward to the show.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Humanist

A belated congrats on this, Bob...looks like you've got a darned good grip on making this happen!
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner
Old 06-20-2014, 02:03 PM

Thanks everyone! I've put on MANY festivals before...but this one is special - 18 months in planning, MANY conversations with luthiers, musicians, festival producers, marketing companies, etc., - and that's before even thinking about putting on this festival! While this festival will have the 'look and feel' of other festivals, there will be many subtle differences that will make this a successful festival right from the start (to me, success is measured by the number of guitars sold...and everything is geared towards that end). Thanks for your support and please tell everyone to come to Memphis...and spend an extra day or two, so much to see, so much music history. I can't think of a more appropriate place to hold a festival!
Old 06-21-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Keith View Post
+1 on all of the above...I think this show fills a big void, both in timing and in location. It will be very interesting to see what the tenor and taste is like in Memphis - I'm guessing the guitar players there are pretty different from the NY and CA types! Also, the town looks like a pretty dynamite backdrop.

Anyway - I just sent in my deposit! Really looking forward to being part of this show...it's already looking like it will be great. Many thanks to Bob for stepping up and making this happen for all of us!

Cheers,
Martin
There will be far fewer sandals for sure

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop