The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-19-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frets4fun View Post
Thanks Dru.
You're welcome. Not to change topic but how do you like the 150e? I'm anxiously waiting to play my first one.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:50 PM

I absolutely love it. I used to have a 355, but found the size uncomfortable (otherwise it was a great guitar). As a result, playing finger style on it was awkward and I never progressed with it. With this 150e, it seems much easier. Since I'm primarily a finger style player, it's great. But, I've also been doing strumming and chord/melody. It's a workhorse.....does whatever I'm in the mood for. Given the price, it's a great value. Great Taylor playability, sound, and intonation.
Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!
Love my mountain dulcimers too! (7 Mountain Dulcimers)

Old 10-19-2014, 07:47 PM

I've been eyeing up the 5 instrument stand for a month or two. Can't see flowing the $80 on one till I have some insurance that they are worth the coin. Might have that now. Didn't see any other competitors in that price range. Made me wonder if they were superior or over priced. There are some for $20.... Do they do the same job tho?
Dean EABC5
Gretsch 9121
Lag TN100 Nylon
Recording King RO-10
Recording King RP-06

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=Smokerblacker
Old 10-20-2014, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_ View Post
I've been eyeing up the 5 instrument stand for a month or two. Can't see flowing the $80 on one till I have some insurance that they are worth the coin. Might have that now. Didn't see any other competitors in that price range. Made me wonder if they were superior or over priced. There are some for $20.... Do they do the same job tho?
The cost was my biggest issue too. Then I found this one on Amazon for $57. I thought that was a good price....the lowest I had seen. So, I went for it. I think when it comes to a stand, you get what you pay for. I have a cheapo too and don't take a chance with it. The Amazon reviews said it all for me.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:01 AM

Quote:
$74 for the 5:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004P0...ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Old 10-20-2014, 05:24 AM

Quote:
I was at GC and the checked out the multi instrument stand they had on sale (forgot the brand) and they were very flimsy just like the reviews said. The Hercules gets great reviews but more than that I own a couple of their mutli guitar tripod stands and they're high quality and from what I've seen nothing they make is junk. The price for the stand is less than $20 per guitar, not unreasonable for a good stand in my book.

I wasn't even aware Hercules made a stand like this so last night I ordered a 5 instrument stand
Old 10-20-2014, 05:37 AM

Could you please tell me if the neck holder part on the top rail of these stands rotate, so that you could push them to the back and possibly use these stands to hold a couple of, for example, Taylor hard cases. Don't have anywhere local that stocks these Hercules stands, and didn't want to order one if it doesn't fit a hard case. Thanks for your help!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonr View Post
Could you please tell me if the neck holder part on the top rail of these stands rotate, so that you could push them to the back and possibly use these stands to hold a couple of, for example, Taylor hard cases. Don't have anywhere local that stocks these Hercules stands, and didn't want to order one if it doesn't fit a hard case. Thanks for your help!
Yes, the neck yokes do pivot up and down and you can move them left and right too. Also, the donut shaped dividers on the bottom can be moved.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:47 AM

I have that exact three guitar model. It works out perfectly for the way I like to have my guitars available to play easily. Truth is I bump my guitars into each other sometimes when I put them in and take them out. When I only keep two guitars in the three guitar stand I don't have that problem. For me it it'ssomething I'm willing to put up with so I keep three guitars in there.
1976 Ovation 1613-4 nylon--spruce top
1963 Guild Mark II nylon--spruce top
Old 10-20-2014, 08:06 AM

I just bought the 5 guitar Hercules version on Amazon about a month ago for $65 (give or take). Uncluttered the house, big time. Very high quality. Still have enough to fill it and a triple stand too. All the singles are hidden away now.

Besides being very sturdy the added benefit is it actually saves space compared to the circular type since you have to factor in enough room to remove the guitars - these are far more efficient.

For what it's worth - our triple is the circular type and an el cheapo to boot. Two German Shepherds in the house and we never had any issues with it getting knocked over either.

Roy

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 10-20-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earwitness View Post
I have that exact three guitar model. It works out perfectly for the way I like to have my guitars available to play easily. Truth is I bump my guitars into each other sometimes when I put them in and take them out. When I only keep two guitars in the three guitar stand I don't have that problem. For me it it'ssomething I'm willing to put up with so I keep three guitars in there.
As you can see from my picture, it fits 3 acoustic guitars just fine. If you are careful putting them on the rack or taking them off, you can do so w/o damage. I had read a review on the rack (prior to purchasing it) where someone said they couldn't even get 3 guitars on it. Don't know what that was about, because it actually fits 3 acoustic guitars just fine. Maybe they had 3 unusually deep bodied guitars. Don't know. The 3 in my picture are a DN, a GA, and a GC.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Charter Member

Location: Stationary home in NJ. Mobile home on any given highway.

Nice. Does is fold up?
Old 10-20-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Walker View Post
Nice. Does is fold up?
Yes it does click on "pack it"

http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GS525B.html
Old 10-20-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Nice. Does is fold up?
Yes, it folds. The bottom pivots up towards the top, so it's "flat". If you wanted to place it against the wall when not being used, it would be out of the way. That's the way it comes in the box. So, when you get it, there's no assembly required. Just unfold and start using. Should have captured a pic of that too . Did see a good video on it, prior to purchasing. This will help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTBMkchTAzA

Old 10-20-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Nice. Does is fold up?
Yup, folds up like a giant hinge. Easiest & sturdiest system I have seen for the $.

Roy

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion