The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-23-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgennaro View Post
I have one of those Euro Maple/Euro Spruce Ehlers guitars, except mine doesn't have a sunburst (unfortunately, as I love a nice sunburst over curly Maple). Nice guitar with a nice tight and focused low end (typical of Ehlers). Is yours a 17" like mine?
It is one of his 16" thin models. I haven't played one prior, but it is very intimate, in proximity and tone. I've been a fan of jumbos recently, as they came full a room with highs and lows, but this little thing sounded warm and crisp with wonderfully balanced bass notes. I generally play for myself, so this is a treat.
1976 Martin 000-18
1989 Martin 000-16M
2015 Martin 00-DB Jeff Tweedy
2012 Gibson J-45 Custom
2017 Gibson J-35
1971 Alvarez K. Yairi Classical
1970 Lou J Mancuso nylon string hybrid
Harmony Sovereign H1260
30's MayBell Model 6
Nash MW-500
1998 Yamaha LS-10
2003 Tacoma EKK9
Old 10-23-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx View Post
It is one of his 16" thin models. I haven't played one prior, but it is very intimate, in proximity and tone. I've been a fan of jumbos recently, as they came full a room with highs and lows, but this little thing sounded warm and crisp with wonderfully balanced bass notes. I generally play for myself, so this is a treat.
Ah, a slightly different animal. I'd love to try it though. I got a chance to play a bunch of Ehlers guitars back when Buffalo Bros. was in their heyday. Always liked them quite a bit. This is the first one I've owned. My brother gave it to me in lieu of some money he owed me. I wasn't thrilled at the prospect but it turned out to be a keeper. A good Maple guitar is a thing of beauty.

Anyway, hope you have yours in hand soon. Congratulations! She looks really nice.

"Accept your lot, whatever it may be, in ultimate humbleness. Accept in humbleness what you are, not as grounds for regret but as a living challenge."
Old 10-23-2014, 12:58 PM

I love my Taylor 616ce. I really wanted a Gibson j200 but they were out of my price range. It is loud. I play in church when my wife sings. She has a mic, I don't.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion