The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-26-2002, 10:34 PM
Charter Member

Question Book For Alternate Tunings

Can anyone recommend a book with alternate tunings and the chord positions for each tuning? Lately it seems I've heard a lot of music I liked with a common thread being that they were played with some alternate tuning. I'd like to learn more about this.

Old 08-27-2002, 05:23 AM

Mark Hanson to the rescue, yet again. His "Complete Book of Alternate Tunings has "hundreds of tunings" - but really about 20 or more with scales and chord positions. Also a great section (over 40 pages) on the tunings used by various artists on some of their best known tunes. (503) 699-1814. He probably has a web site as well, but I don't have the URL.
Old 08-27-2002, 09:53 PM

http://www.accentonmusic.com

Definitely a book to buy. I own two copies. Also, I recommend that anyone living in the Portland, Oregon area check out Mark's workshops (not sure how often or when they are, though - you can find that information on his website too).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell