The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-05-2002, 06:01 PM

Lightbulb

from band playing experience...it would really help if EVERYBODY practiced with a metronome...even drummers are not excluded from the previous statement...trust me, i know!!
Old 08-06-2002, 05:48 PM

Having been a professional drummer turned guitar enthusiast, a metronome was and still is used, it will only benefit you in the long run to use the metronome. I like the old school type, the toc isn't too loud and doesn't have the funky sound that some of the digital ones do. The sound of the old school type will vary slightly from brand to brand and then with age they can change too. Another benefit is that if you go into the studio and a click track is being used you'll be able to feel right at home.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:12 PM

Aren't the traditional-style metronomes really expensive? I thought someone told me they run over $100. (I spent all my money on guitars; I've got nothing left!)
Old 08-07-2002, 08:32 PM

I also think that Quick-Time has a great sounding metronome for @$20.
Old 08-21-2002, 02:41 AM

I'd get the rotater dial ones run on battery (the square battery that last long time kind) but goes Toc Toc Toc, they are easy to set and you can set it to silent if you want only the red light. I got one that was actually new, in a pawn shop for 35 canadian, little over 20 bucks. I thought it was a great deal.

They had these really thin ones that has a up and down selector and go beep beep beep, I am sorry, I just can't work with these.

Mine is a matrix MR-500, made in korea or something, the beat is very accurate, i can't say the same for the light, maybe it's just me, i find the LED light irregular even if it beats with the beat, especially on the higher "allegro (with brisk pace)" setting.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell