The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-30-2014, 04:15 PM

Default Belcat Soundhole Pickup

Anyone tried it? It costs around 15€ on ebay. Belcat has two models - one of them supposedly has adjustable poles, but the pictures don't show them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belcat-Sou...-/121138533188

Anyways, just curious if anyone's had a chance to try one out.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YRTM6_IW5Q

I just found that on YouTube with a quick search. It sounds pretty good for the price but definitely has a more electric tone to it.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:25 PM

This looks like the Artec pickup which in turn seems to be something like a copy of a Fishman. It's a pretty good pickup and no worse than many more expensive magnetic PU's. As petty1818 says, it does have a bit of an electric tone, but I find I'm quite liking a slightly electric tone. I mean A) it's a slightly electric tone which suits me as I'm a slightly electric player, and B) that sound is a lot less finicky than a more realistic-type acoustic pickup. You won't get an awe-inspiring acoustic sound (though, that said, I've used it through an acoustic modeller which was more that a little impressive) but you won't so easily get a weak and crappy sound - the magnetic sound is ROBUST.

Pete
Old 01-01-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete on guitar View Post
This looks like the Artec pickup which in turn seems to be something like a copy of a Fishman. It's a pretty good pickup and no worse than many more expensive magnetic PU's. As petty1818 says, it does have a bit of an electric tone, but I find I'm quite liking a slightly electric tone. I mean A) it's a slightly electric tone which suits me as I'm a slightly electric player, and B) that sound is a lot less finicky than a more realistic-type acoustic pickup. You won't get an awe-inspiring acoustic sound (though, that said, I've used it through an acoustic modeller which was more that a little impressive) but you won't so easily get a weak and crappy sound - the magnetic sound is ROBUST.

Pete
Which one is? The Artec?
I was planning on getting one. I was leaning more towards the Artec because of the adjustable poles - but the Belcat is so cheap it's worth trying.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification