The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 06-29-2016, 08:19 AM

Anybody notice the dates on this thread?

Frank Ford
Old 06-29-2016, 08:52 AM

What's the trick to getting youtube to work here?

https://youtu.be/iacC7xdJ3t0
Old 06-29-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrmac123 View Post
Sound advice , Howard, albeit four and a half years too late for the OP's purposes ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ford View Post
Anybody notice the dates on this thread?
Howard has gone into the zombie exhumation business ...
Old 06-29-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Sound advice , Howard, albeit four and a half years too late for the OP's purposes ...
Actually it was not me who brought it up to the top of the forum list yesterday. I have better things to do than search for zombie threads. It was a spammer whose post has been removed. But I didn't see the dates, so I gave the OP my advice thinking the question was current. Still, I took the bait, so please continue to enjoy making fun of me.

Fact is, I am appalled at the absolute dreck that gets called a "vintage" guitar these days. And I have always opposed the idea that a newbie should begin by investing lots of time in something that will be worthless no matter what is done to it. You will notice that my "sound advice" was contrary to that of other forum members who regularly give their advice here. I hope that good advice has some kind of timeless value.

Last edited by Howard Klepper; 06-29-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Klepper View Post
I hope that good advice has some kind of timeless value.
In particular, I find your advice to generally be far better than good, and always welcome in any thread. Your advice and opinions are worthy enough for the most experienced builders to value well, and when you are willing to take the time to offer them to a beginner, all should be grateful. Thank you for continuing to offer them -
Old 06-30-2016, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
In particular, I find your advice to generally be far better than good, and always welcome in any thread. Your advice and opinions are worthy enough for the most experienced builders to value well, and when you are willing to take the time to offer them to a beginner, all should be grateful. Thank you for continuing to offer them -
I second that, and trust that Howard is well aware than whenever I indulge in a very occasional spot of gentle ribbing, it is done with the utmost respect, and affection.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Klepper View Post
Actually it was not me who brought it up to the top of the forum list yesterday. I have better things to do than search for zombie threads. It was a spammer whose post has been removed. But I didn't see the dates, so I gave the OP my advice thinking the question was current. Still, I took the bait, so please continue to enjoy making fun of me.

Fact is, I am appalled at the absolute dreck that gets called a "vintage" guitar these days. And I have always opposed the idea that a newbie should begin by investing lots of time in something that will be worthless no matter what is done to it. You will notice that my "sound advice" was contrary to that of other forum members who regularly give their advice here. I hope that good advice has some kind of timeless value.
I am guilty of giving advice in zombie threads, too!! ;-) It's all good!!!

Ned Milburn
NSDCC Master Artisan
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Old 06-30-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I second that, and trust that Howard is well aware than whenever I indulge in a very occasional spot of gentle ribbing, it is done with the utmost respect, and affection.
We're good, Murray. I know that's how you show the love.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair