The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-29-2015, 07:43 AM

Thank you three4rd for listening to a few songs

On that Sheeran song, I did record that sustained "oooo" near the end but took it out. It just didn't sound as good to me with just the acoustic guitar background. I didn't think it was a high note, just more sustained.

Maybe I'll play with it again and see how it goes.

Thanks again for listening.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:20 PM
AGF Administrator

Yet another great vocal performance. Loved the harmonies. Nicely done, Ernie.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Yet another great vocal performance. Loved the harmonies. Nicely done, Ernie.
Thank you very much Jeremy. Your words are much appreciated.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:05 AM

Really nice cover of a beautiful tune, Ernie. This one suits your voice and range perfectly. I had to dust off my couch beater and revisit this song after hearing your cover.

Hope things are well my friend.

Danno
Old 04-04-2015, 08:26 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Really nice cover of a beautiful tune, Ernie. This one suits your voice and range perfectly. I had to dust off my couch beater and revisit this song after hearing your cover.

Hope things are well my friend.

Danno
Really appreciate your words my friend. I think I may cover another oldie soon. I must be getting old.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Charter Member

I'm in my late 40s and I had not heard this song since I was a kid. It's a gorgeous song. And you covered it beautifully. Thank you.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themissal View Post
I'm in my late 40s and I had not heard this song since I was a kid. It's a gorgeous song. And you covered it beautifully. Thank you.
I'm right behind you age wise.

Only a handful of todays new songs have inspired me so when I look for inspiration, I tend to go back to the songs in my childhood.

Thanks again for your kind words.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:44 PM

I would give away all of my guitar skills to be able to sing like this. What a superb voice.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:51 PM

Really well done Sage... singing, playing and sound production... If someone had asked me who did this song, I would have guessed Bread... both were great bands.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!
Old 04-06-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
I would give away all of my guitar skills to be able to sing like this. What a superb voice.
Mau, this is a huge compliment especially with talent and skill like yours. Thank you very much. This means the world to me.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billder99 View Post
Really well done Sage... singing, playing and sound production... If someone had asked me who did this song, I would have guessed Bread... both were great bands.
Thanks you very much billder. Bread and America were two of my biggest influences growing up. I wonder if I have a natural tendency to sound like them. Other influences included Cristopher Cross, Croce, JT, Stephen Bishop, Michael Franks, and others.

Thanks again for taking the time.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:24 AM

Wow - great cover - made the song new again for me.

I listened to several of the others you had recorded - great mix of music - love some of the classics for us children of the late 60s/early 70s.
Rainy Days and Mondays, This Guy's in Love... I'm gonna dust off some of those. Special note of thanks for your Michael Johnson cover (I'll always love you) - his songs in stripped down form are timeless - your version is as good as I've run across.

Thanks for sharing your gift.
Journey RT660M
Old 04-06-2015, 05:03 PM

Thank you very much pbb_cc.

I'm glad you like my version of the older songs. They just hold dear to me from musical and nostalgic standpoints. I'm especially glad you like the Michael Johnson cover. It's not as well known as the others.

Thnkas again.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:21 AM

I'm bumping this up for my bro. Ernie, you have knack for picking song that fit your voice perfectly. Either that or you can just sing anything. I'm voting for the latter. Your voice is soothing, my friend.

Across the Universe
Singing Land
Dear Prudence
Jolene

So you're telling me there's a chance....yyyyYYEEEAAAH!! ~Lloyd Christmas
Old 04-08-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony from Tulsa View Post
I'm bumping this up for my bro. Ernie, you have knack for picking song that fit your voice perfectly. Either that or you can just sing anything. I'm voting for the latter. Your voice is soothing, my friend.
Thanks my friend. I can assure you that this would've sounded much better had this been a collab with you. It needs that special Tony from Tulsa magic.

Thanks Tony.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell