The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-21-2015, 07:13 AM

Default 100 downloads--finally ("Six Blade Knife"--Dire Straits cover)

Hi all,

Pretty happy that this song has gotten decent feedback on Soundcloud since I uploaded it a while back. It was the first time I tried a "band sound" approach to recording a song and it went OK. It was A LOT of fun to sing, though there's clearly nothing like Mark's deep timbre. Hope you like it--comments and critiques always welcome.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:36 AM

oh yes, I recall this song quite well. It's great that people are listening to it.

The guitar certainly had an authentic tone and the singing was right on the money.

noman

Undefined People Music Site
Old 03-21-2015, 04:06 PM
Charter Member

I remember it too Sombras.

Awesome cover and it should get 1,000

Those tasty clean fills....
Old 03-22-2015, 09:08 AM

Great job @Sombras
Old 03-30-2015, 03:32 AM

The talent here on AGF never ceases to amaze me. Knopfler would be proud to hear that cover. Really rich tone on both electric and acoustic guitar voices, and your vocals are just smoothhhhhh.

Are all the parts by you, or did you have others playing with you? The production is so good, it is obvious you did multi-chanel recording and polishing.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!
Old 03-30-2015, 06:13 AM

I am a big Dire Straits fan. You did an awesome job on this! Great guitar work, you captured Knopfler's vibe perfectly.

My website:
http://draudio56.wix.com/warren-bendler

"It's hard...calming the Beatle inside of me."
Old 03-30-2015, 09:27 AM
Charter Member

I'm a huge MK fan and this was fun to listen to! Great job, and love the lead in nugget around 2:16...very cool dude!
Old 03-30-2015, 03:55 PM

Thanks for listening, guys (and/or gals?). Really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billder99 View Post
Are all the parts by you, or did you have others playing with you? The production is so good, it is obvious you did multi-chanel recording and polishing.
One-man band in a stand-up only closet. Seriously. I'd been playing the song as an acoustic only thing and then went and did something stupid--bought a Fender Jazz and absolutely HAD to record something with a strong bass line. (There are a still a couple dents in the drywall where the very long bass didn't quite play well with the tiny closet.) Acoustic is my HD-28, and lead/rhythm are my Strat. Drums are all "manual" on a drum machine that I played to a click-track which I then deleted. GarageBand is amazing.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombras View Post
...One-man band in a stand-up only closet. Seriously. I'd been playing the song as an acoustic only thing and then went and did something stupid--bought a Fender Jazz and absolutely HAD to record something with a strong bass line. (There are a still a couple dents in the drywall where the very long bass didn't quite play well with the tiny closet.) Acoustic is my HD-28, and lead/rhythm are my Strat. Drums are all "manual" on a drum machine that I played to a click-track which I then deleted. GarageBand is amazing.
YOU are amazing. I couldn't be more impressed. You inspire me.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell