The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-15-2016, 10:05 AM

Default I want to test drive an X7 & X20

Anyone live within a couple hours driving time from Pensacola FL have one I could check out?
We have Rainsong & CA all around me. Not that, that's a bad thing. I just feel myself gravitating towards the Emerald guitars.

I want to be certain before I commit.

Anyone?
Old 07-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Anticipation Junkie

If no one is able to accommodate you, chitz, you may want to send Emerald an email at [email protected] to get on their road trip list to be able to try out their guitar models before buying. Emerald hasn't recently reported on the status of this new initiative and perhaps you're not willing to wait that long, but it may be worth inquiring.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
If no one is able to accommodate you, chitz, you may want to send Emerald an email at [email protected] to get on their road trip list to be able to try out their guitar models before buying. Emerald hasn't recently reported on the status of this new initiative and perhaps you're not willing to wait that long, but it may be worth inquiring.
Thanks Tom, I think I'm already on that list.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitz View Post
Anyone live within a couple hours driving time from Pensacola FL have one I could check out?
We have Rainsong & CA all around me. Not that, that's a bad thing. I just feel myself gravitating towards the Emerald guitars.

Anyone?
I did live near there for a while before I found carbon fiber guitars, but now I am 2000+ miles away.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mot View Post
I did live near there for a while before I found carbon fiber guitars, but now I am 2000+ miles away.
Would you mind moving back please?
Old 07-17-2016, 09:18 AM
Guest 928

Chitz;

If you'll cruise to the thread "emerald X7 assistance," you may find a guitar that's close--at least I think the X7 discussed is in Florida. Worth a check.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

Just about as far away from you as possible, and still in the Continental US (San Juan Islands in the Pacific Northwest). I understand the draw of the Emeralds. I was taken by the striking looks, and listened to as many on-line clips as I could find. I bought the X7 without actually seeing or holding one. It looks and feels even better in person than in photos/videos. Great sound and playability (like looks, that is subjective). It is all I hoped it would be.

I was signed up for the road trip, but I am kind of "without an address" other than the company office for the season. I was delighted to get the X7 before we headed out.

No experience with the X20, but I would expect more of the same.

Good luck with the search,
Jim
Old 07-17-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:

Anyone?
Yes, Rainsong and CA work very hard to maintain their dealer network, because they understand the importance of having their guitars available to try, for whatever reason, Emerald is now direct sales only. I would suggest contacting them and ask them about their return policy, and look in to what return shipping to Ireland will entail if you don't like the guitar(s). You could also give them your address and ask them to contact Emerald owners near you, to see if any of them would be willing to meet up with you.

Good luck
Old 07-17-2016, 10:16 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Just about as far away from you as possible, and still in the Continental US (San Juan Islands in the Pacific Northwest). I understand the draw of the Emeralds. I was taken by the striking looks, and listened to as many on-line clips as I could find. I bought the X7 without actually seeing or holding one. It looks and feels even better in person than in photos/videos. Great sound and playability (like looks, that is subjective). It is all I hoped it would be.

I was signed up for the road trip, but I am kind of "without an address" other than the company office for the season. I was delighted to get the X7 before we headed out.

No experience with the X20, but I would expect more of the same.

Good luck with the search,
Jim
Although I have never had the opportunity to play an Emerald X7 or X20, my experience with the Composite Acoustics (CA) Cargo (still own) and its full-size big brother GXi (now sold) suggests to me possibly vastly different guitars. In the case of the Emeralds, I don't think the design of the X20 is merely a larger version of the same X7 body (e.g. offset soundhole design is different between the two), whereas the GXi is a larger version of the Cargo body, where at least in terms of tone and volume/projection, they are two very different guitars. I could be wrong, but I would expect noticeable differences between the referenced Emeralds.
Old 07-17-2016, 01:22 PM

Thanks fellas for the advice and encouragement.

It'll happen. It's not like hunting Bigfoot. Time, time, time is on my side, yes it is!
Old 07-17-2016, 11:00 PM
Charter Member

I think my thoughts on the X20 were not clear - I never meant to imply that it is a larger version of an X7. It is a bigger guitar. I would expect the same fine workmanship, but an entirely different sound (just like a GSmini isn't just a smaller version of a GS). When I said "more", I meant more sound, more bass, more depth. Physics.

Smaller guitars are a different animal from full-size guitars. The size of the X7 is just what I was looking for. I didn't expect it to sound like a full size guitar. There are compromises with size, both big and small.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:

Anyone?
Hi Chitz,

Thank you very much for your interest! As Ted kindly mentioned, you are more than welcome to contact us directly via email on [email protected] and we will see if we have someone near you. We have very supportive customers who are only too delighted to show their Emeralds to others!

We are indeed also still taking names for our upcoming road trips like Tom mentioned. We have a number of big projects to complete and unveil shortly, first, but then we will be getting stuck right into finalising the logistics of these.

Best Wishes

Sean

Last edited by Emerald Guitars; 07-18-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Guitars View Post
Hi Chitz,

Thank you very much for your interest! As Tom kindly mentioned, you are more than welcome to contact us directly via email on [email protected] and we will see if we have someone near you...
Actually I was the one who suggested that.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:

Anyone?
Hi Chitz,

I just spoke to Alistair and he said that Florida is, in fact, one of our most popular States. So, all going well, we will find someone close to you! Give us a shout any time on [email protected]

Thanks

Sean
Old 07-18-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Actually I was the one who suggested that.
Hi Ted,

Of course you did, thank you! Tom kindly mentioned our road trip to Chits. I amended the post accordingly.

Best Wishes

Sean

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber