The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-18-2018, 12:25 PM

Nice. Love that Deep Sea Blue finish with the tort pickguard, and the tort back plate!
Old 03-18-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Congrats! I know very little about Reverend guitars but I know I'll have to try one out on one of my guitar store visits. Enjoy!
Same here - I really need to go out and try a Reverend...
Old 03-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Charter Member

Congrats , very cool color. In all honesty I have always been a "lets see the wood grain" kinda guy . but after starting to visit the Electric Guitars Forum a little over a year and 1/2 ago..the painted bodies are starting to really grow on me

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 03-18-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTony View Post
So excited. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning! I’m 42. Have played since I was 8. I played only acoustics for many years. Then got back into electrics about 6 years ago.

I lead a large worship band and have owned what seems like every guitar available. Taylor. Langejans. Martin. Santa Cruz. Larrivee. Gibson. Fender Strat and Tele (US/Jap/Mexi. In fact I still have an 87 E series Japan made Strat, and a 72 Deluxe reissue Tele, as well as a Gretsch (G5620T-CB), Ernie Ball, Sterling, Ibanez, Gibson, Epiphone... I could go on...but I can’t recall anymore. Lol!

BUT, one guitar I’ve missed out on is a Reverend. We had a band in and the lead guitarist was playing one. Not even sure of the model as it was years ago. But, it stuck with me to this day. Lurking in the back of my mind, but unfortunately there are no Reverend delears within close proximity.

Enter Maury’s Music. From my brief time chatting with Maury and his staff I’ve been incredibly impressed with their personable, down to earth approach. Customer service in 2018...WHA?!? Who knew there was such a thing.

Anyway, I digress. So tomorrow the big brown truck will bring this beauty to my stable

Attachment 6191

Attachment 6192

Attachment 6193

This is the JetStream HB shown in their demo. NOS in deep sea blue. Really dig the color! I didn't care for the teardrop style case so I went with the Reverend S case. Got a great deal on both and am looking forward to unboxing and spending the day with her.

Figured I’d share my anticipation with my forum friends. My wife requests one go out if one comes in...so I’ve two listed here. Maybe she’ll forget...but after 27 years of being together (hs sweethearts)...I doubt it.

Maybe I’ll be so elated sending one out won’t hurt so badly

Any other Reverend love?
It seems everyone is going crazy for Reverend guitars right now. They are obviously doing something right. I haven't found a store near me to try them yet.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
Great review, though surprising to hear you had to tweak the neck(!) and do your own basic setup (9/64!?). One of Reverend's better selling points is that they're made abroad, but we tweak 'em here before sending them to you. As the owner of a Korean-made Agile, I can attest to SK's high quality fit/finish work.
I was floored. I’d heard/read the same regarding their “out of the box” setups. No huge deal as it plays fantastic now and suits my playing style perfectly. But still...not the highlight of NGD.

Anyway, I played another set today. More impressed everytime I play her.
2021 Fender Strat American Pro II - Black
2014 Gibson ES-335 Memphis Dot - Cherry
2013 Gibson Les Paul 50’s Tribute P90 - Tobacco
2012 Yamaha FS720 TBS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars