The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 02-11-2017, 08:56 AM

Default Tele kit build finished

its done- actually a lot of fun, no its no Tele, but it plays and sounds better then i thought it would!- no major errors in building, a few minor tweaks i would change, but nothing to effect a set up- i think in time i might replace bridge saddle with brass- from my understanding it gives a better tone, i did the basic wiring (standard) for the control switch, but i was reading about 'Mods' you can do for different tone set ups and output, so ill read about this 1st before i start re-soldering things, i wanted a brass tag for the back of it, things remembered at the mall was a ridiculous price over $20, i found an engraved brass tag on ebay for $2- with shipping it was $4.50 so i used part of my name and the date. called it the - J Sturnicaster -
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 02-11-2017, 09:14 AM

I love it. Is it for sale or lend?

A friend who plays from southern MD into the Carolinas recently told me he wants to move over to a Telecaster. He plays 4x a week in the summer, and that is all he does besides tending his bees on 35 acres. If you want it to get some serious wear on it, "break it in", I can let him know.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:16 AM

Looks like you've done a fantastic job! I built a tele many years ago and although I no longer have the guitar it was a very fun and enjoyable learning experience. Congrats!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair