The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-15-2018, 07:33 AM

Default Where would be the best anchor point to attach a strap button to a Froggy Bottom?

Hi,

From looking at pictures of how the neck is attached on these, not sure where the best place would be to put in a strap button. The bottom of the guitar should not present a problem, but not sure about up near the neck. Somehow drilling into an instrument of this price range to add buttons almost seems like committing an act of sacrilege.

Thanks for any suggestions....

Last edited by three4rd; 03-15-2018 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:20 AM

I completely agree with you. I would NOT drill a hole into a Froggy. I've never had the opportunity to play/see one but an instrument of that caliber I would leave alone.

I bought the following for my Gibsons that didn't have a pin near the neck/body.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Neotech-Aco...UAAOSwjodaHPIS
G7th Capos
Old 03-15-2018, 08:26 AM

Unfortunately, I don't play without a strap. For one thing, the possibility of dropping the guitar while walking with it (or whatever) somehow seems like it could invite more significant problems than whatever could result from putting in the pins.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:28 AM
Charter Member

I don’t have one installed on my Froggies because I play sitting down. However, this is what is shown on the Froggy Botttom website.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
I don’t have one installed on my Froggies because I play sitting down. However, this is what is shown on the Froggy Botttom website.

Thanks for posting. I've been on that website several times now and so must have missed seeing this! What part of the site are those pictures from? That does look like probably the best anchor point. What about on the bottom end of the guitar? From looking at the SJ blog on their website, the end graft that is put in looks pretty robust....certainly should be no problem putting in a pin. I read on another thread that there are sometimes already holes drilled in the end to accommodate a pin, but that the pins aren't actually inserted? I came across several pictures that show pins already inserted into the end graft.

Last edited by three4rd; 03-15-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:54 AM

What did the fine folks at FB guitars recommend ?
Old 03-15-2018, 08:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by three4rd View Post
Thanks for posting. I've been on that website several times now and so must have missed seeing this! What part of the site are those pictures from? That does look like probably the best anchor point. What about on the bottom end of the guitar? From looking at the SJ blog on their website, the end graft that is put in looks pretty robust....certainly should be no problem putting in a pin. I read on another thread that there are sometimes already holes drilled in the end to accommodate a pin, but that the pins aren't actually inserted? I came across several pictures that show pins already inserted into the end graft.
I got this screen shot from the “Models” section, on h12 to be specific - here
http://froggybottomguitars.com/model...rt-guitar.html - click on one of the small pictures at the bottom of this.

I own 2 Froggy guitars (1 Custom, 1 off the shelf) and both came wth a hole drilled in the bottom of the guitar, but I don’t think the pin had been inserted. It’s been just long enough I don’t remember clearly if the pin had been installed.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napman41 View Post
What did the fine folks at FB guitars recommend ?
I have a phone message into them..didn't hear back yet. Talked to them yesterday but didn't think to ask about the strap issue. (They were probably cringing while listening to the message...)
Old 03-15-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasome View Post
I got this screen shot from the “Models” section, on h12 to be specific - here
http://froggybottomguitars.com/model...rt-guitar.html - click on one of the small pictures at the bottom of this.

I own 2 Froggy guitars (1 Custom, 1 off the shelf) and both came wth a hole drilled in the bottom of the guitar, but I don’t think the pin had been inserted. It’s been just long enough I don’t remember clearly if the pin had been installed.
Guess I didn't look hard enough at the 'models' section of the website. Thanks....so at least that proves they're willing to do it (unless it was done by someone other than Froggy)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion