The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 02:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I don't remember how it went, but perhaps someone can do a correct version of I thot I thaw a puthy cat in that pithur, thus bringing this thread back to some sense of order.
"Sense of order"... now, that's funny.

-------

I mentioned this to Rufus... he said, "Yeah, I think I saw that Tweety-Bird around here... somewhere."

Last edited by Captain Jim; 03-04-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:11 PM

That is the very definition of "smiling like the cat that ate the canary".

I tawt I taw a tweety boid.... and he was yummy.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Charter Member

Joan (my wife) has been working on a quilt project the last couple weeks. This one is a patchwork, with fabrics she picked out. While you might expect some cat stuff (and there is), she also put a guitar fabric in there...

No where near completion - just a preview. I'm guessing final assembly will have to wait until we get home, where she will have more room to spread it all out.

While Joan was working on the quilt outside today (a beautiful day here in the desert), I provided the musical background.

----

Oh, and a shot of Rufus with some interesting light...

Old 03-08-2018, 08:09 PM

Cool quiltness right there.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Charter Member

It was a NICE day in the Valley today ! Great time to be in AZ
Old 03-08-2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
It was a NICE day in the Valley today ! Great time to be in AZ
Ill just go ahead and second that... I second that.
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-21-2018, 09:14 PM
Charter Member

It has been a while since I posted anything here. I sold the RainSong Shorty today - first time in years that one has left the fold. The new owner hasn't had a carbon fiber guitar before, so this will be a good way to get into it.

This went easy, so I'm thinking I will see about finding a new home for a couple wood ones when we get back to Texas.

I do understand what the internet is all about, so: here's Rufus...

Some leash time, then patio time this evening. It was a warm one here in the desert - got to 85º today (first full day of spring). I have been thinking about getting back on the road and spending some time at the house in Texas. And, on the boat. And, taking Rufus and a guitar on the boat.

Ah, springtime.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:51 AM
Guest 928

Shouldn't Rufus have a small guitar on his collar?
Old 03-22-2018, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Shouldn't Rufus have a small guitar on his collar?
That would have been cool - we didn't have much to pick from as far as name tag choice at the nearby Petsmart. Needed to put a name (not a ring) on it.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

Good to see Rufus is a "step up" compared to where he could be !
Old 03-22-2018, 04:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
Good to see Rufus is a "step up" compared to where he could be !
Well, friends have said that Rufus hit the kitty lottery, but we feel fortunate to have him as a family member. Of course, he has helped our aching hearts, but one doesn't replace another.

No idea where he could have been in the shelter system. I'd like to think this is a step up for him... he has good food, toys, gets plenty of interactive exercise, and has a family that loves him. Our daughter and son-in-law have three cats, and she would like to kidnap (catnap??) Rufus and keep him... but, that ain't gonna happen!

He has been my "shadow" since we brought him home. Our sweet Isabella was a Momma's girl, but she knew enough to spread the love around. Rufus makes sure to get Momma-time in, but he follows me everywhere and sleeps next to me. Probably has something to do with who feeds him? We divide the labor: I do the front end, my wife handles the back end. She is happy because he eats more often than he poops - I am absolutely convinced that I have the "better end" of this arrangement.

Checking himself out in the mirror this morning...

I am allowing myself to "get my head into" heading east (and south). I'm anxious to see how he reacts to having a house, and (to get this on-topic) a music room with plugged-in sound.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:19 PM

That just reminded me..I had 2 cats once.. then I took one away from the mirror and then I just had one to feed and kitty litter provide.... just reminiscin'.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:01 PM

I really like his one flop ear...gives him that rugged character feel. To quote Rufus as he looks in the mirror "dang, son, you're lookin gooooood"!
Old 03-26-2018, 10:05 PM
Charter Member

I am grateful that guitar dealers aren't like powersport dealers. With guitar dealers, they give you a price; if you live in a state with sales tax (most of them), you may be paying the tax and shipping.

Today, we went for a ride on the scoots, with the consideration of me trading mine off for something a bit more highway capable. I would say the experience didn't go well, but that would be a great understatement...

http://captnjim.blogspot.com/2018/03/stealerships.html

I had seen online that they had an attractive price on a new, non-current scoot. After the bumbling salesman couldn't answer any of our questions, we looked stuff up online in front of him. When it came time to discuss the "out the door" price, they added on just over 2/3 of the price of the scooter.

Yeah, I was not happy. After a discussion, they came down $1500 in their ridiculous over-inflated fees. That made me even madder - I pointed out to their "sales manager" that first they insulted me with the over-inflated fees, then essentially admitted that they were trying to take advantage when they lowered the price. "What price will it take to get you to take this home today..."

"What price would it take for you to buy back my complete lack of respect for you and your dealership."

I told the guy I felt sorry for him, that this job meant he had to lie and cheat people every day.

Harsh? I have no use for this inane type of sales tactic. I have bought 25 motorcycles over the years, and this place was the worst. Unfortunately, they are a multi-brand dealership with multiple outlets, so they have a bit of a lock on many powersport lines in the Phoenix (and other) area.

It would be like buying a guitar and having them try to charge you for a $400 delivery fee (to get it from the factory), a $300 set-up fee, and a $400 document fee... "You want to charge me to write up the paperwork to make the sale?? Isn't that pretty much YOUR JOB??"

They will answer that last one with, "It's our policy," as though that makes it acceptable. No, I am not aware of any guitar dealer who would try that and expect to stay in business.

Whew! Thanks, I feel better.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:50 PM
Charter Member

That's ridiculous, it's a shame Ted doesn't sell scooters. Good luck finding one that works for you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber