The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-15-2014, 07:37 AM

Default added Dunlop straplocks to my CA OX!

I have Dunlop strap-locks on all the straps for my electric guitars and wanted to use them with my CA OX as well. Replacing the strap button at the neck with a strap-lock button is no problem but what to do about the end-pin jack? After thinking about it, I decided the least intrusive method was to add a flush mount strap lock connector above the existing end-pin jack. Meaning, drill a small hole in the guitar body, fabricate a block of wood to go inside the guitar that the strap lock mates into, screw the flush mount strap lock into the block and use epoxy to secure the block inside the guitar. It's secure, clean and doesn't change the tone of the guitar at all. It works perfectly with my all my Dunlop-equipped straps (Revo wood straps). I may do this for my Breedlove C25 and my old Hohner acoustic as well. Yes, have to drill a hole -- fair trade-off. At least I will never have to worry about a strap on an end-pin again

Old 12-15-2014, 08:09 AM

Chris, Nice work . . . looks great!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
dunlop strap locks