The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-22-2017, 08:41 PM
Charter Member

Default The joy of CF in the Texas heat!

I have been working in SE Texas this week, travelling by car from project to project. The heat outside is upper 90s. I'm not sure how hot it gets in the truck sometimes. I would not dare bring a wooden guitar on such a trip, but my Cargo has no issues with it. I'm just blown away by the durability of these guitars. Yes, I know it's not good for any guitar to get too hot, but this is why I bought it.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:51 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Yep, it's really liberating to not have to be concerned about anything with a CF guitar. I've owned an '08 Cargo since new and still love it. It was my gateway guitar into the world of CFs, only to find that there are many quality builders with fine models totally worthy of their place among all guitars regardless of the build medium. I've bought all without first trying and have never been disappointed. I'm awaiting a new Emerald Chimaera 6/12 doubleneck with integrated cocobolo veneer top. Can't wait!

I wish you continued enjoyment with your Cargo, BD.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:43 AM
Charter Member

Yep - buy 'em for the ability to laugh at environmental, enjoy 'em 'cause they sound so good! Our home is about 600 miles further south from Tyler, but traveling right now in the northeast corner of this great country (where it is a LOT cooler)... of course, with a carbon fiber guitar (Emerald X7).

Sorry about that "working" part, but hope you get plenty of time with the Cargo.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:13 AM

Hey Todd... fantastic that you have your solution to the temperatures. Glad to hear that your Cargo is serving you well!

I'm back home now in Scottsdale from our Texas road trip. The temp difference from my music room to the back porch or front courtyard can be 15 to 25 degrees depending on the day. There are many times when I'd like to take an acoustic out back or out to the courtyard, but I don't do it because I don't want to risk damage to my guitars (Martin OM28V and Eastman E10 OO-Mahogany).

One day, hopefully before too long, I'll have a CF guitar and won't hesitate at those times when I want to step outside and do some playin'!
Old 07-31-2017, 05:41 AM

I tossed my RainSong H-DR1100N2 in the trunk last week one morning and went to practice later that afternoon. The guitar was hot to the touch and still in tune.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 07-31-2017, 06:30 AM

My retirement dream is to play my Rainsong on the beach with friends. Can't get better than that.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber