The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-09-2017, 11:54 AM

Default Lexington Lab Band - The Making Of A Band

This video takes a close look at The Lexington Lab Band:

core members
selecting & learning material
video and audio recording
special guests

great thanks for taking your time to check this out! LLB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYX9TOUUMI
Old 07-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Charter Member

That was very cool Dale. I loved seeing the back story and members.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 07-09-2017, 06:46 PM

thanks so much for taking time to check this out...we appreciate you sharing your time and love of great tunes with us!
Old 07-10-2017, 06:34 AM
Guitar Gourmet

That was a really nice backgrounder, Dale. It's fun to see how it comes together!

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 07-10-2017, 12:32 PM

I don't know how to put my finger on how much I've enjoyed the LLB (although I AM a bit behind and MUST get caught up). What they do is complicated, yet very, very simple: Incredible musicians who are devoted to learning the originals (the way they are indelibly imprinted onto each of our brains), bringing them to life without trying to add or subtract, and NEVER trying to pretend to be the original artists. Seems simple yet I've never experienced a band put all of these pieces together. Great job Dale, as they say around here "Yinz are awesome!".

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 07-10-2017, 02:26 PM
Charter Member

Wow that explains a lot. I'm telling you as much as I admire the music you guys do, and how well you perform it, the video aspect always amazed me but that was before I realized you have a "platoon" of camera folks. Thanks for sharing and great work.

Dale, one question though, the credits list you as guitar and vocals; in all the videos I've seen you in (LLB and your own) I don't recall you seeing you singing so point me in the right direction!!
Old 07-10-2017, 11:01 PM
Charter Member

Really cool, that's very enlightening, must be so cool to be part of something so well done.

I'd love to hear about what you go thru to get the guitar tones. It can't be easy to get all the different sounds, let alone capture them on recording so accurately.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:36 AM

Thanks so much gentlemen for the very very kind posts and please know how much I appreciate you checking this out!

John57classic - the ONLY singing I do is occasional BGV like on the Eagles or Doobies - after all this is meant to be enjoyable!

Doug - we try to use the right eq and pedals on our guitar rigs to find Mike the closest tone to match the original as we can. Some players really like this challenge - some guys have multi effects units with pre sets that are pretty close like on Boston.

Mike does an amazing job in post tweaking eq - maybe adding a bit more of an effect that's still needed. I'm glad to say we don't fixate on it because the player is always the biggest variable and impossible to completely mimic to that degree.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:07 AM

Really enjoyed that, Dale...thanks so much for sharing.

The one thing that stuck out to me is the graciousness of the members, and how the sense of community plays such an integral part in making this project such a wonderful success....not something usually associated with musicians and bands.(generally speaking)

I look forward to your next project.(still waiting for ELO )

Danno
Old 07-11-2017, 02:59 PM

ELO is on the radar! Rob's fave band - thanks for the very kind post!
Old 07-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Guest 33123

Very nice Dale!
Old 07-12-2017, 12:18 PM

hello Doug, please know we greatly appreciate you checking this out!
Old 07-22-2017, 07:49 PM

Been watching and admiring the professionalism of the Lab clips for a couple of years now. Always a treat and even the artists I am not crazy about I can enjoy just for the sake of seeing how you guys do them.

Loved this look inside and all the work, which I sort of guessed at, and especially maybe that it's all voluntary. They are top quality and very true to the originals if not exact which would be silly in a way.

Sunday morning here so watched over a couple of sessions with coffee breaks and enjoyed every minute. Thanks to all the 'Labs', your efforts are much appreciated. Take a bow 'guys'.

Kris
Old 07-23-2017, 12:44 PM

That was great Dale! Cool to watch how it comes together and all the musicians that are a part of it. Great stuff!
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 07-24-2017, 05:49 AM

hello gentlemen...sure appreciate you taking some time to check out this lengthy video! Thanks very much for the kind posts and hope all is good your way, your friend, dale.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell