The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-09-2017, 06:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Can't tell you what I changed, its a surrrpriiizze!!!! Something to do with the finish though....
Well, you have certainly piqued my interest. Looking forward to the "unveiling."
Old 07-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
Mine is getting a custom neck carve that's exactly (or nearly so) the same as my Santa Cruz 1929 00 so I needed to take and send them a mold of that. This might have bumped mine out.

Regardless, Sean has been great. Always replies within a day or so of my emails. What did you change? I went back and forth on a few details but in the end I only changed one thing.
Heard back from Sean that they have not as yet received my neck mold in the mail. This is a bummer as it will likely push my build back. Oh well, I guess I'd rather have my custom be as close to the neck shape I want as possible so if it bumps me out a bit I'll take it. Just hope the USPS doesn't drop the ball and it takes a lot longer. The mold material got to me really quick. Would think it would be the same going back!
Old 07-12-2017, 07:09 PM

Yeah that is too bad, seems to me you sent that back quite awhile ago????

Last edited by TomB'sox; 07-12-2017 at 07:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yeah that is too bad, seems to me you sent that back quite awhile ago????
Shipped on 6/29 so two weeks tomorrow. Not huge but for the little package it is I would have thought it'd be there by now.

Patience is not exactly one of my strong suits!
Old 07-12-2017, 08:29 PM

Yeah, I would think that is plenty of time...is it anything that customs would get a hold of because then all bets are off on time....I would be pretty impatient with that too. I sent a check to Florida from NY and it never showed up and after 2 weeks I had to cancel payment at the expense of 35 dollars and send another one....not too happy with the USPS myself right now.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yeah, I would think that is plenty of time...is it anything that customs would get a hold of because then all bets are off on time....I would be pretty impatient with that too. I sent a check to Florida from NY and it never showed up and after 2 weeks I had to cancel payment at the expense of 35 dollars and send another one....not too happy with the USPS myself right now.
Should not be any customs issues. In fact, Emerald gave me a label with verbiage on it that they said should make it so it wouldn't get held up in customs.

Oh well, worst case scenario I'll just have them build it with their version of a soft V neck.

I hear you on USPS. Last few guitar transactions I did through them had issues. I would no longer use them unless the person specifically requested it. I used FedEx the last several months. I'm quite happy to be out of that game (buying and selling).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber