The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?
Fishman Loudbox Artist 10 50.00%
Yamaha DBR10 powered speaker paired with LR Baggs Venue DI 10 50.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbpark View Post
So the LBX-300 was delivered today. Arrived without a power cord, and only the tweeter and mid work. nothing from the other two speakers! I should have known, and I'm not surprised given it was ordered from Guitar Center. Good thing is I have 30 days to return it, and will definitely be doing so tomorrow. What a waste! I still have the new Loudbox Artist though. Still debating on keeping that or returning that as well and just going for the Performer.
Sorry to hear about the broken LBX-300. That sucks.

I know I am like a record that plays over and over. ....Get the "Performer" and don't look back. It is worth the extra money. Sounds more natural in the midrange, a little fuller and the tilt back built-in kick-stand is incredibly useful!
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 01-30-2015, 01:29 PM

I would purchase the DBR10. Give Mike Pyle a call at 707-315-6204. In my opinion it gives you more options later.
kwh
2022 Yamaha FG5
2010 Taylor DN3
Old 01-30-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Sorry to hear about the broken LBX-300. That sucks.

I know I am like a record that plays over and over. ....Get the "Performer" and don't look back. It is worth the extra money. Sounds more natural in the midrange, a little fuller and the tilt back built-in kick-stand is incredibly useful!
I took back the LBX300 today to a local GC and they had a Performer in stock, so I just said the heck with it. Also returned the Artist and took home the performer!
Old 01-30-2015, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I took back the LBX300 today to a local GC and they had a Performer in stock, so I just said the heck with it. Also returned the Artist and took home the performer!
Awesome!! I can't wait to hear how you like it!
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 01-30-2015, 04:19 PM

Arrgh! I didn't do a side by side between the Artist and performer, but man I can almost swear I prefer the Artist over the performer. Others have complained about the Artist being to heavy in the kids, but I swear the Performer is sounding very 'boxy' to my ear. Hmmmm......Just feels like with strumming the Artist wins out. The Performer seems a little more 'hi-fi' to my ears, which I don't think will really fit as well into the mix with this particular band/style.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Arrgh! I didn't do a side by side between the Artist and performer, but man I can almost swear I prefer the Artist over the performer. Others have complained about the Artist being to heavy in the kids, but I swear the Performer is sounding very 'boxy' to my ear. Hmmmm......Just feels like with strumming the Artist wins out. The Performer seems a little more 'hi-fi' to my ears, which I don't think will really fit as well into the mix with this particular band/style.
crap. I don;t hear it that way at all. I set the volume on the amp so I can dig into the guitar, rather than have the amp gains be louder. I like to be able to strum well into a chord.

Also ...make sure you have the small little tweeter knob dialed in correctly. Far right side of the amp.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 01-30-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
crap. I don;t hear it that way at all. I set the volume on the amp so I can dig into the guitar, rather than have the amp gains be louder. I like to be able to strum well into a chord.

Also ...make sure you have the small little tweeter knob dialed in correctly. Far right side of the amp.
YEah, been messing with the tweeter. Just seems like it's a more 'uneven' sound compared to the Artist. The Performer seems a lot harder to dial in a good (to my ear) sound, crisp highs or not enough, and the low kids are a bit muddy. The Artist just seemed smoother and easier to dial in. Granted, I probably have no idea what I'm talking about! I just found the Artist easier to dial in out of the box.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification