The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-12-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCady View Post
......I did this, and it appears to have helped considerably, after I got over feeling silly walking into the audiologist's office with a guitar case.....
I've done something similar at the eye doctor, getting a prescription tailored for my dedicated shooting glasses. I had him measure the distance from my eye to the front sight of my favorite target pistols, and adjust the prescription accordingly. It wasn't truly either near or far vision, but somewhere between, and it helped me see the iron sights more clearly. (Before anyone panics, I did call ahead to talk with the doc to about my goals. He was 100% OK with bringing in the pistols, and we had a nice chat about target shooting).
Old 01-24-2017, 06:27 PM

This afternoon, I put on a set of D'Addario "Nickel Bronze" in "Bluegrass" (light top/medium bottom) gauge. So far, they sound very good, although I should reserve judgment "'till the new wears off." Cost like a coated set, for an uncoated one, though.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:09 PM
Charter Member

A little off topic, but I have found that my CL Tortoise "N" style pick is one of the best improvements I have found for my X7 and WS1000. Very lush and warm if that happens to be the tone you are looking for. Just a happy customer.....
Old 01-24-2017, 07:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
A little off topic, but I have found that my CL Tortoise "N" style pick is one of the best improvements I have found for my X7 and WS1000. Very lush and warm if that happens to be the tone you are looking for. Just a happy customer.....
I was going through my plectrums last night and agree with you. I like the N style and the red style best over other makes. Of those two it just depends on what I'm trying to get out of the guitar.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
I'm sorry for asking, but I'm not sure what kind or type of guitar pick you are referring too..... CL Tortoise "N" style .....?
Old 01-25-2017, 09:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
I'm sorry for asking, but I'm not sure what kind or type of guitar pick you are referring too..... CL Tortoise "N" style .....?
Charmed Life picks. Scott Memmer owned and operated from the forum here. A number of threads going right now.

And a plug for Mick Kyte who has started Micks Goat Whisky Picks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber