The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-18-2017, 04:02 PM

Default Tell me about the martin 12 fret hd-28 vs?..please

Ok I have come upon a 12 fret hd28vs and I have done some research but am still not finding too much direct info. I am looking at this guitar or perhaps a hd-35. I own a j45 standard but am looking for something...darker \bassier?
Old 11-18-2017, 04:07 PM

Well, you found it. They have a deep, resonant sound that includes a thundering bass. They provide a wide soundscape that works well in solo or small group environment. Not as good in large groups where the projection of 14 frets fits better.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:14 PM
Charter Member

HHP said it. I had this one and the D-18VS, which i should have kept. They do boom, but most surprising is their fingerstyle presence.

martin D-28A '37 | D-18 | SCGC H13 | gibson SJ-200
taylor 814ce | 855 | GS Mini H.V. | goodall RP14 | Halcyon SJ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Old 11-18-2017, 06:34 PM

I think this guitar excels at finger-style. I have a used cs model so I don't know if the neck on mine is the same as on the standard model, but the neck is big (which I like). Playing with your fingers, you can control the dynamics very well. It fills the room with sound. This guitar has a deep, thunderous bass when played aggressively. Playing with a lighter touch yields a beautiful, well projected sound.

jerry
Old 11-18-2017, 06:50 PM
Charter Member

I'd like mine back please! They are great guitars. If you're looking for a LARGE voice you found it! But it's got sweetness when fingerpicked that's really special. A multi-tasking guitar for sure.

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 11-19-2017, 12:53 AM

Default Tell me about the martin 12 fret hd-28 vs?..please

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantjudoman View Post
Ok I have come upon a 12 fret HD-28VS and I have done some research but am still not finding too much direct info...I own a J-45 Standard but am looking for something...darker/bassier?
If you have the funds buy the guitar, period; if you don't, sell/trade the J-45...

That's all you need to know...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion