The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-09-2017, 06:35 PM

Default XLR hole plugs

Anyone know where I could order covers/caps/plugs online for the unused xlr jacks on my mixers, speakers, etc...? And what size of cap would fit (9/16")?

(Also, may as well add in IEC power cable hole plug too as well as 1/4".)

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2017, 07:56 PM

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/1529...SABEgKLSvD_BwE
Old 11-09-2017, 10:43 PM

Thanks, but ideally would like to get flat covers (as opposed to raised grips) to make sure my cases can close.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:33 AM

https://m.markertek.com/product/scf/...dust-cover?scf
Old 11-10-2017, 12:23 PM

Thanks again but those are made to be screwed down to the input jack and wouldn't really work on my mixer. I see other flat covers but not sure of the size to get. I'm thinking 9/16"?
Old 11-10-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
Thanks, but ideally would like to get flat covers (as opposed to raised grips) to make sure my cases can close.
I don't think those grips would extend more than any knob on the mixer itself. That type is also available for 1/4" RCA (at Markertek).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
Thanks again but those are made to be screwed down to the input jack and wouldn't really work on my mixer. I see other flat covers but not sure of the size to get. I'm thinking 9/16"?
Huh? Sizes? They either fit a XLR female input jack, or they don't. And that pigtail is meant to prevent losing the plug. Probably designed mostly for wall mounted jacks.

Not sure why you'd want to plug the IEC connector. It's not subject to problems from dirt and such.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:04 PM

I live (and play) near salt water where everything rusts, even sitting in storage! So I'd like to plug whatever I can, at least the main ports when not in use.

There are nice, simple, flat plugs that come in all different sizes and I'm not sure which would fit the xlr jack. Just thought someone might know offhand. I guess I'll take my mixer down to Lowe's and see which one will fit.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification