The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-11-2014, 05:19 PM

I appreciate everyone's input.....the Shorty has gone to a new home....
Old 10-11-2014, 07:55 PM

I'm mulling a similar dilemma. I just purchased a like new Taylor 414ce 2014 SLTD, from a forum member, with the plan I'd sell my Rainsong Shorty. I also picked up a Taylor Holden Village Mini-gs this spring. As an untalented beginner I can barely justify owning one guitar, moreless three.

The Holden Mini was an impulse purchase justified as benefiting a good cause. The 414ce was inspired by my admiration for a friends 414ce ltd. The Shorty can set on a stand here in arid Arizona without worries about humidification. The Taylor 414ce sure sounds nice but the smaller body 12 fret Shorty is easier for me to play at this stage. I mostly play finger style. The short scale Mini-gs is a bit cramped for my long clumsy fingers. Though, the prospect of taking it on road trips is appealing. The shorty might also meet that need in a gig bag.

My ever patient wife has yet to find out about the recent Taylor purchase. I played it in an adjacent room thinking she'd be startled by how good my playing sounded. Alas, no such comment was offered. I'll appreciate the sage advice of fellow, hopefully more practical, forum members.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:07 PM

Sell the Mini. Your wife may notice you changed from one Taylor and one shorty to two Taylors, but she probably less likely to notice that your Mini grew into a full size guitar and now have a cut away.

You should still come clean with her and tell her what you did.

Good luck,
Tom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber