The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-07-2024, 11:17 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsehockey View Post
Glad you found it, and thank you, Glenn. That was great.
Thank you Bill for checking this out! I'm so pleased that you thought this worked out okay.

I hope all is well for you!

- Glenn
Old 04-07-2024, 01:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Glenn another outstanding cover version and I agree is one of best productions to date so--

I am always in awe of how you are able to replicate some of the recognizable melody lines yet make it your own --very well done here with the LP

And thanks for the mention of my previous modest cover version. And no do mind at all instead am a bit flattered that it led to this version. What is it Oscar Wilde said ? "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”.. I realize you are imitating Bob,---- but hey I'll take what ever I can get

Also just for a bit of trivia When I covered it live (just guitar and vocal) it was also well served and got a good audience reaction when I used my 12 string..

And lastly my favorite line is which I feel is one of he best observations of performing ever penned "Out there in the spotlight you're a million miles away. " When I was young I was pretty shy and loner, and as counterintuitive as it may seem always found that juxtaposition of performing solo as an effective means to deal with that shyness--if that makes any sense ?

Any way again, very well done and Kudos
Thanks so much Kevin!

I'm glad you discovered this cover buried here in this sub-section. I was hoping you would and that you would appreciate the inspiration brought about by your earlier cover.

I'm very pleased that you thought my attempt at this song came out okay.

I know the feeling of a dark hall with a big audience and a spotlight on you on stage. The sense I always had up on stage in that condition was that I was looking out into a black hole. I had to remind myself that there really were people out there and that I needed to ignore any panic brought about by the isolation of that spotlight.

The line that hits me the most is "every ounce of energy you try to give away." That's always how I feel when performing.

I hope all is well for you Kev!

- Glenn
Old 04-07-2024, 02:27 PM
Charter Member

Glenn, another homerun with your interpretation fused into Bob's original--Thanks!
Adamas I 2087GT-8
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Old 04-07-2024, 07:29 PM
Charter Member

There you go… crushing covers again.

Well done Glenn!

It’s also generous you give viewers the chords. Teaching tool. And love me some Detroit.
Old 04-08-2024, 08:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Glenn, another homerun with your interpretation fused into Bob's original--Thanks!
Thank you SpruceTop!

I very much appreciate your time in listening and commenting here! Thanks for the kind words.

I hope you are doing well!

- Glenn
Old 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalFromChatham View Post
There you go… crushing covers again.

Well done Glenn!

It’s also generous you give viewers the chords. Teaching tool. And love me some Detroit.
Thank you Sal!

Nice of you to take time to comment!

And thanks for noticing the chord diagrams. I think it does help turn a cover into a bit of a lesson at the same time. Who knows, those chords may be helpful to someone.

I hope all is well. I really enjoyed your last video!

- Glenn
Old 04-08-2024, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

Hey Glenn, another great effort. I haven’t been active much lately but I did notice Carefree Highway and Comin’ Back to Me. And thinking of some of your other efforts I decided that besides your other accolades you should be nominated for “Most eclectic cover artist choices/performances”. Nice job!
Old 04-08-2024, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john57classic View Post
Hey Glenn, another great effort. I haven’t been active much lately but I did notice Carefree Highway and Comin’ Back to Me. And thinking of some of your other efforts I decided that besides your other accolades you should be nominated for “Most eclectic cover artist choices/performances”. Nice job!
Thank you John!

How nice of you! Thanks for the very kind words!

Funny, my wife was just commenting this morning about how eclectic my song choices are on my YouTube channel. One of my sisters has commented that I am "musically schizophrenic". I do like a lot of different kinds of music, which I suppose is a good thing.

I hope you are well, John!

- Glenn
Old 04-14-2024, 02:10 PM

That was awesome. A few years back, I was convinced to do a gig with a physician who loved to sing this song. Brings back memories. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-14-2024, 04:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post
That was awesome. A few years back, I was convinced to do a gig with a physician who loved to sing this song. Brings back memories. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much Ernie! I'm glad you felt this came out okay! And it's always nice when I can trigger something in someone's memory. That's cool that you have a history with this song.

I hope you are doing well, Ernie!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell