The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-07-2001, 10:34 PM

Steve,

From the reported line-up of new taylor models, looks like you are going to have to buy number 5!

It even has a cool name - bubinga

------------------
George Wilson
Old 01-11-2001, 11:57 AM

Smile

I'm sure the Baby-Maple is nice; but when I saw it "in person", it didn't make me want to try it out. I'll just stick to my Baby-Mahogany for a while...
Old 02-19-2001, 09:25 AM

Wink

Steve M,
...seems like you've got a problem
The Baby is gonna' have a Bubinga top!
TAS bud?
Old 03-31-2001, 01:53 PM

Well, i'm sure this has been covered ad naseum in this forum, but it's new for me. Walked into my favorite Taylor dealer the other day to buy a slide (got this bug now to try to learn to play slide..just what i need, another project) and the owner said "hey great you came in. we were just talking about you.. wanted to give you something to show you how much we appreciate your business..." and they said to pick out any Baby Taylor I wanted. How nice of them! So, I snagged a BT made from babinga (spelled right?) wood. Very nice grain. fun to play. not a bad guitar at all considering. Of course, i suggested that they give me a 614... but they laughed and said "have a BT". anyway, what's everyone else's experience with the BT's?
[img]null[/img]

[ 03-31-2001: Message edited by: Dennis ]
Old 03-31-2001, 03:22 PM

I've owned the mahogany and rosewood versions and had a chance to A/B all wood combo's at a shop a month or two ago. I came to the same conclusion that the maple version is the best of the lot. It seems to have just the right note definition and voicing for the size of the box. Never thought of buying all four though. I thought I had a GAS problem
Old 03-31-2001, 11:44 PM

Question

how durable is the baby.Can you really take one anywhere you go?
Old 04-20-2001, 10:42 PM
Garey

I'd like someone's first-hand info of how small the Baby really is. I know its 33 3/4", but will it fit in the overhead bin of a commercial jet? I'm interested...but I really need something compact.

Thanks!

Aloha, Garey
Old 04-28-2001, 05:00 PM

Nice

got GAS?
Old 05-30-2001, 06:48 AM

Check out my string "flying with baby" in the general discussion section. I found no problem with the airlines putting it in an overhead bin. I've only done it once, but I have spoken with several people with the same story. I love my baby. It is small, a little more picky with it's intonation, but it has the action and feel of a real Taylor. I'm kinda glad it's not solid wood. I would have to worry all the more about humidity...however I do realize that the table is solid spruce. I'd like to add the aformentioned parlour to my collection as well.

Matt

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification