The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-03-2010, 08:18 AM

Default Manuel Rodriguez e-spruce

Has anyone had a Rodriguez e-sruce? Any opinions on this guitar or the Cordoba 45r or mr. I'm just getting into classical and more fingerstyle playing. I know with steel string solid woods make a huge difference, is it the same with classical as well? I'm trying to stick with Guitar Center Brands because I have 2 bass guitars I need to get rid of to buy a new guitar. I've been trying to sell them for months and I have received no interest ,so I would like to trade them in. Any other recomendations as to what else I should be looking at in the 1200 dollar range? I was also looking at the Kremona Sofia and Fiesta fc.

Last edited by rick375; 11-03-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Musical minimalist

Well, you are probably well aware of the fact that you'll likely get 30-40% less for your basses than you would if you listed them and sold them yourself.
The increased net would get you into a whole other world of options (both NOT having to buy from GC, and getting you more $$ to work with.)

The Cordoba C9 and C10 are getting pretty good press and are all solid woods....doesn't look like GC handles them. Danny at Acoustic Pro Musician is a dealer and would get you a great deal if you could work out it.

Post your basses here, Talkbass, Harm Central or Craigslist and give it a shot.
You'll do WAY better on all accounts. If you aren't getting any interest, check Ebay completed items listings to see if your price is realistic. Chances are if you've been trying for months with no luck, either you are too high or listing them in the wrong places.

Last edited by fitness1; 11-03-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Charter Member

Default Cordoba Guit. Ctr.

I bought a Cordoba 75r from GC in 2001. I am happy with the sound. I looked at the 45r, which I also liked. The 45r it was a cedar top, and I was looking for spruce top.

Other people that I know are not as pleased with Cordoba or GC. I think that there are QC issues with both companies.

The neck on my Cordoba is thicker than many guitars. I have noticed that Cordoba guitars have a variety of neck shapes and sizes.

Good Luck
Old 11-03-2010, 01:27 PM

Default thank you,

I am going to list them on the sites you stated. If you know anyone interested I have an Ibanez srx590 4 string electric, 35 watt amp, and a dean acoustic/electric playmate. I am asking $300 for all 3 pieces and will only sell in a package. Thank you for your input, its much appreciated. Ill look into the Cordobas and give Danny a call when I'm set. I didn't see Cordoba listed on their site. Ill just give them a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
Well, you are probably well aware of the fact that you'll likely get 30-40% less for your basses than you would if you listed them and sold them yourself.
The increased net would get you into a whole other world of options (both NOT having to buy from GC, and getting you more $$ to work with.)

The Cordoba C9 and C10 are getting pretty good press and are all solid woods....doesn't look like GC handles them. Danny at Acoustic Pro Musician is a dealer and would get you a great deal if you could work out it.

Post your basses here, Talkbass, Harm Central or Craigslist and give it a shot.
You'll do WAY better on all accounts. If you aren't getting any interest, check Ebay completed items listings to see if your price is realistic. Chances are if you've been trying for months with no luck, either you are too high or listing them in the wrong places.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick375 View Post
I am going to list them on the sites you stated. If you know anyone interested I have an Ibanez srx590 4 string electric, 35 watt amp, and a dean acoustic/electric playmate. I am asking $300 for all 3 pieces and will only sell in a package. Thank you for your input, its much appreciated. Ill look into the Cordobas and give Danny a call when I'm set. I didn't see Cordoba listed on their site. Ill just give them a call.
They aren't listed there, but he's a dealer, and would fix you up very well.

He's the greatest guy to work with. Give him a call for sure, and you'll find out why. Feels like talking to a long lost friend.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical